Chapter 22

"Why'd you get Dinah to talk to me? Couldn't you just have texted?" Lauren's voice fills the silence of the room, sounding concerned along with, as much as Camila hated to admit it, annoyed.

It made her wonder why she had even tried to get in contact with the Dom in the first place. Why just half an hour ago she was so desperate to see her again. Pulling her sleeves down do they covered her trembling hands, the younger Cuban chances a glance at the woman.

She appeared calm, but the look on her face told Camila that if she didn't want to get kicked out again, she better talk.

"Because I knew you wouldn't listen" she tries her best to not sound as frustrated as she felt, but it was hard and Lauren's not so subtle glare  definitely didn't help.

The green eyed woman shifts in place slightly, her hands resting on her lap, "I would have listened Camila-"

"No, no you wouldn't have" Camila interrupts with no hesitation whatsoever, surprising herself as well as the Cuban opposite, "you would have just dismissed me again, like I never even mattered to you in the first place. Do you know how much that hurt Lauren? For you not to let me explain? For you to just kick me out, not fight for me?"

Lauren, for once, seems stuck on what to say.

"No, you obviously don't. This is why I said I couldn't do this. You don't communicate with me. You don tell me how you're feeling. You just jump to conclusions expecting the best outcome without even considering anyone else's feelings. It doesn't work like that Lauren. You need to talk to me. Communication works both ways"

The Cuban opposite raises her eyebrows in surprise.

"And no, you're not going to scold me right now. I'm not going to let you" Camila speaks almost as if she could read the other woman's mind. By now her heart was racing, terrified that once they were done here she'd be punished. Shoved into the corner without her words even being considered.

But she wasn't going to let that stop her from voicing how she felt. Lauren needed to know how much both her words and actions had hurt her. She was well aware of how her words sounded just a mere three weeks ago, but if Lauren had actually let her explain, they wouldn't even be in this situation right now.

They'd be cuddling on the couch, reading a book together whilst the sound of a Disney movie plays in the background.

Clearing her throat, Lauren considers Camila's words before speaking, "I'm sorry you feel this way." She starts, her voice soft, "but your words hurt me Camila. For the first time in a long I broke down, that's why I acted before thinking." Was all she had to say.

Camila nods, understanding the woman's hesitation.

"I think...I think we need to sit down and talk. Properly. You tell me your feelings and I'll tell you mine. I want us to work Lauren, but I can't do it on my own" Were the words that filled the room.

"You don't have to"

Camila smiles and attempts to ignore the tears stinging her eyes. A hand was soon held out to her, and she takes it allowing herself to be guided through to the kitchen where the woman sits her down on one of the many dining chairs.

The woman ends up opposite her, and like she had done before, she starts the conversation knowing how hard Lauren found it to talk about her feelings.

"How do you feel...about me?"

Lauren bites her bottom lip softly before speaking, "I like you. I like our time together..." she starts, "...but in all honesty I'm scared"

Camila nods in understanding, "what are you scared of?"

She knew she was talking to Lauren now. The real Lauren. Not her dominant, not her mama, just...Lauren, and it was a welcomed relief.

"Us not working out. I've...been through something similar before. We brought dating into the lifestyle we had together and things got messy. We fought, we yelled and that's not even the half of it. It's why I swore to myself that I would never fall for anyone again but then...you came along"

Camila smiles softly.

"What you heard a month ago was the honest truth. There is something there I just..."

"Is it something you want to work on? Or would you rather we just...forget about it?" At her words, Camila feels her heart break in her chest. She knew if Lauren chose the latter it would be hard, but she'd understand. She'd rather them be platonic friends that nothing at all.

"You're sweet" Lauren smiles softly, "but I don't think these feelings are going to go away. Maybe we could try, but...slow, if that's okay?"

Camila's heart hammers, but she nods happy they were going to at least try, "I'd like that ma'am." She whispers.

Eyebrows raise in surprise, but Lauren couldn't help but be thankful at the mindset change. This she knew. This she could do. Sharing her feelings wasn't something she did often if not at all, but she would try to change that, for Camila.

"Me too" rising to her feet, she rounds the table gently grasping Camila by her underarms, pulling her as close as she possibly could.

Camila doesn't hesitate to return the embrace, her own arms wrapping as tightly as they possibly could around Lauren's waist.

This was the perfect end to a shitty day.

**

So, this chapter was meant to be completely different, but I had a change of heart like, halfway through writing it 😂

Tell me what you think!

Edit: so, I've decided that this will be the last chapter of this book, but, I will be publishing a sequel in just a few hours so keep a look out for that. Thank you all for reading, voting and commenting, you're all very very awesome ❤️