SIXTEEN , CONTAGIOUS

THANKS TO MS MARTIN, Beacon Hills High was under strict quarantine, put together by the CDC

THANKS TO MS MARTIN, Beacon Hills High was under strict quarantine, put together by the CDC. People in masks and other protective clothing were barricading the doors and setting up rooms for those with the patterns on their wrists, not letting anyone in the building and not letting anybody inside out.

Harper, Stiles, Isaac, Malia and Kira sat around a couple of desks in their exam room, keeping away from the other sick students while Scott put himself right in between them, insisting on asking Ms Martin what was going on. The brunette was just thankful she wasn't being put on a stretcher for almost passing out earlier.

"I bet they think it's smallpox," Isaac muttered from where he sat on one of the desks, Stiles on the one beside him.

Harper, Malia and Kira stood around them all, unintentionally forming a circle that kept everybody else out. It had only really just occurred to Harper that she and her friends no longer associated with anybody outside of the pack and that nobody else even bothered with them. Even Lydia's old popular friends didn't try anymore.

"Not likely," a monotonous voice cut into their conversation.

The pack turned around to find the teacher, whose first name they had learned was Simon, sat behind his desk still, a newspaper in his hand. He lowered it to look at them, a bored look on his face.

"Smallpox was eradicated worldwide in 1979," Simon explained further, "we've only managed to completely eradicate two viruses in history. The other was rinderpest. It killed cows."

Stiles shrugged, "so we should be comforted by that, right?"

"Unless it's something worse."

Pursing his lips, the Stilinski boy nodded and turned back to his friends, shooting them a look as if to say 'that guys a weirdo'. Harper's eyes cast down to Stiles' wrist to find him scratching. She looked back up at him worriedly, but he was looking at Malia who had started to talk.

"Whatever it is, they're taking it pretty seriously," the werecoyote huffed, "there are a lot of cars and trucks out there."

Now Stiles was scratching his chest.

"Your dad's out there," Isaac announced after listening out with his supernatural abilities.

"I should call him," the hazel-eyed boy sighed, climbing off the desk and going over to the basket of phones, searching through the envelopes to find the one that would have his inside.

"Don't bother," Simon muttered, causing him to pause, "they would have shut off any access to all outside communication by now."