Effervescent

Effervescent; giving off bubbles; vivacious and enthusiastic.

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - E I G H T

The feeling when his lips touched mine was indescribable. I had my share of experience in this field, but goddammit, this guy could kiss. My hands were tangled in his hair while his stayed wounded around my waist. My insides were on a frenzy. I could taste the minty smell that erupted from him. Our lips fit like two pieces of a puzzle. The sparks that instantly attacked me when his skin touched mine was nothing compared to this. This wasn't sparks and electricity. It was bliss. Absolute bliss. 

We broke apart for breath, and we were both panting. "You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that. Oh, my God!" he rasped.

"Thought you didn't believe in God," I smirked at him feeling proud of myself.

"Just shut up and kiss me," he pulled me closer again.

I mean, it's not like I was complaining. Our lips were about to meet again when I pushed his away slightly. "Are you doing this because I said that date thing about Matt?" I just had to ask; this question would've eaten me up otherwise.

"What? No way. Do you know how many times I was interrupted by a call or some girl just so you get the chance to freak out and run away?" he said, pushing my face up for his eyes to meet mine. "I knew you were here and Scar wasn't, cause she went out with Ally so I ran to take my chance. I'd made up my mind. Matt or not, there's no way I was delaying this," he admitted.

By now, I was sure that my cheeks had acquired a crimson shade, and I bit my lip to stop myself from blushing more. He didn't wait for me to say anything and kissed me again. I let out a soft moan as his tongue found mine. I wanted to pull away before I lose my senses, but I couldn't bring myself to do so. He broke the kiss once more; our foreheads keeping contact intact. 

"See precious, now this is what you call a good night," he exhaled a deep breath. "Sleep well, I'll see you tomorrow," he placed a light kiss on my temple and left after giving me a small wink.

I was so shocked and impressed that I still wasn't in a position to speak a word. Wow, it really happened. I actually kissed Noah Parker. The guy did nothing but piss me off a few months prior, and now, he brought a smile to my face without even being present. I touched my lips because it seemed like the feeling of his lips on mine wasn't going away anytime soon. 

I woke up in the morning with a smile on my face, which was very rare for me. All because of Noah Parker. I freshened up and got dressed up when the door opened to reveal a very annoyed Scar and no coffee in her hand. Wow! That was a first. She's never annoyed after her jog, and she never ever forgets my coffee.

"Hey, Scar? You okay?" I asked.

She groaned and sat on her bed. "I saw Noah."

"And he annoyed you so much just with that?" I chuckled.

She folded her arms. "No, I'm mad at him. So we aren't talking. I'm gonna get changed and then we'll get you your coffee, yeah?"

She went to the washroom before I could say anything else. Scar got ready, and we quickly left the room because our classes were gonna start soon. As we were walking towards the cafe, I asked. "So why are you mad at Noah?" I thought it must be something trivial that they'll sort out.

"You know that other day I told him to stop everything with Abigail," Oh, no. I don't think I'm ready for this right now. "From the past two or three days, I see him talk to her in the morning. I asked him about it, and he told me he was just 'telling her off,' but you know how Noah is," Scar went on, but my mind didn't process any more of the information.