Chapter: 16

Emma

"Emmy, promise that you'll be safe and stay out of trouble. I'll see you in a couple of days." Erick hugged me tightly as he said this to me. Even though he wanted to stay with me longer, he had to go back to the pack. Back home to mom and dad. Home to where his mate was waiting for his return.

A mate...

I pull away from him and give him my best smile. "Calm down Ricky, I promise to be on my best behavior." I just love my brother. We both pull away as he heads to his car looking back once more I smile and wave goodbye.

I watch as he drives away till he is no longer in site.

"Emma you'll see him again, come let's go inside" I nod looking back once more as I then follow Neil. "I have some information about a group of rogues that could possibly have to do with the ones that kidnapped you and Jade." I instantly wash away the feeling of sadness and loneliness.

My mission is to get ride of those horrid beings. They are the reason I have to be alone. "What have you got?" As we enter his office he makes sure that Jade is no where near to hear. She knows that I'm going after rogues but even so she is to sweet and innocent to be here and be part of something that could infect her mind.

Since Jade was the last of us Luna's to be taken she didn't really see the monsters that had taken us. At least not like I did.

"Your brother was actually here to inform me that there has been a case of multiple sighting of rogues around his and neighboring packs. He said that all they do is run by the borders but they don't trass pass, but they seen to grow in numbers."

That is quite weird

I stood from my seat and made my way to the window. I face the forest. I close my eyes as I try to remember anything that might help us.

"When I was taken to years ago, well before it happened I remember hearing Zavier was increasing protection by adding more warriors to be on watch. He had said something about rogues near the border." I tell him as I look at him.

"If I didn't know any better I would say they are planning to invade these packs very soon." I just hope that the packs have taken action to increase their watch.

"Both Alpha Evergreen and I were thinking the same thing" he said. "This only shows that they are looking for me most likely. We have to stay alert in case their next destination in here." I growl as I say so.

"Em!"

The door suddenly flies open to reveal a very excited Jade.

Both Neil and I stare at her blankly, it was to no surprise. Since she always has her grand entrance.

"Don't give me that look." She points accusingly

"Anyways Em we have to go shopping for our gowns" she took hold of my arm and pulls me our of the room, she didn't even say anything to her mate.

"JADE! YOU BETTER TAKE SOME WARRIORS WITH YOU" we hear him scream as we opened the front door. I was crying on the inside. This girl can shop if it was possible she would buy the whole mall or maybe three.

As we ran out together, Jade suddenly stopped. She turned to me and then looked around. "What's wrong?" I ask her. "Emma! You lied to me." I looked at her confused. "What?"

"You said it was snowing and I was smart enough to believe you." Then I realized what she was saying. Before brother came she wanted to go to the beach but I told her there was snow.

I laugh "it's your fault for not remembering were in the beginning of spring." I tell her

"This comes to show how much trust I have in you." She says with a pout. I shake my head and pull her to the car. She is not going to let this go anytime soon.

*******

As we walked into the last store to see if I finally see a dress to my liking. I dress caught my eye but it wasn't for me.

"Your thinking of her, right"

I turn to look at Jade questioningly.

"Treasure, you know your only daughter" she finished and I smile slightly. "Yes my baby girl would look beautiful in this dress." I tell her. Plus the twins birthday is coming up, and I won't be there this year as well.

I look around and wave over the a lady who works here. "I'll take this one. Do you guys do gift deliveries?" I ask her. "Yes we do miss. I'll have this ready up front as you finish your shopping miss." But before she left I saw a suit that would match with the dress. "I'll get this one as well" she nods and goes to fix up what I told her.

I look around some more and a simple yet elegant royal blue dress caught my attention. This must be the one. I take it and head to the dressing room.

I must say I look quite nice if I do say so myself

I walk out to show Jade and when she sees me, her mouth fell open. "Girl you look hot. If I was into girls I would so do you." I roll my eyes at her comment. "I think this would match with that hand bag you have back to hone that you never use." I nod and smile at her.

I am pleased with her reaction. I took the dress off and got dresses. I picked out some black pumps to go with the dress. I wakes over to the cash register to pay for my items.

"Miss if you can sign this and if you would like here is a card for your message. You know for the gift." I nod and thank her.

I sign the papers with the address and wrote a note on the gift card.

Happy 11th birthday! I wish you happiness on your special day. Hope you like this gift from the bottom of my heart.
                                                      ~M ❤️

"Thank you for shopping with us." The lady said as I give her the card and papers.

"Let's head back Jade, I'm tired and we got what we came for well you a bit more than that." I say as we both laugh.