1. psychopaths and cafeteria moments

|1.| psychopaths and cafeteria moments

I was in the middle of eating a horribly made grilled cheese sandwich and staring out the large window as I listened to my best friend who seemed to be talking a mile a minute, yet I could still understand her. Sidney and I were having a conversation about her next volleyball game as we waited for Kat to get there with her latest rumors.

And as Kat came sweating and panting, she reached our table, full on sprinting.

Stuffing my face, I waited for her to start drowning us in the new exciting topic of gossip.

Katalina Hernandez was the... Social butterly of our group. She knew all gossip before anyone else due to her ties with everyone.

Smiling amusedly at my girlish friend, I waited patiently for the reason of her being late to lunch.

Kat took a moment to catch her breath, aware of the way we were growing impatient, but not really caring about leaving us waiting.

She sat down on the uncomfortable lunch table seat, smoothing out her skirt as she downed a huge gulp of Sidney's water bottle. But when she didn't say anything, as she normally would, Sidney started to grow confused."Katalina? Are you o-"

Holding up a finger to silence Sidney, she swallowed the remainder of the water in her mouth. Then after what seemed like forever, her look of serenity was replaced with one of terror as she gasped out, "The rumors are true! He's back!"

Shaking her head, Sidney raised an eyebrow at our best friend, "Who's back? Jan?"

January Calligan, the fourth addition to our group.

Super gorgeous, super amazing, and super gay.

He'd recently moved to D.C. a few months before so he could stay with his aunt because she feared that bullying was going to start. He'd only agreed to a year there and then he'd be 18 and could successfully move out without parental consent and guidance.

He had been away for five months and was supposed to return in April and it was now October. That means six and a half months until we could see him, it would be understandable for Kat to freak out about him being back. But when Kat shook her head sadly, my shoulders slumped.

"I wish! But no..." She took a brief moment to most likely let her though wander to January. Taking a breath, she forced a smile and spoke quieter, "Oliver Remmer is back."

My eyes widened as did Sid's as she spit out her drink, "What? I thought he was in juvie!" She whisper-shouted.

Kat made a disgusted face at Sid, "Aren't you gonna clean that up?" She asked, waving her hand over the water spillage on the table.

Sid just shrugged, "Enough with the nonsense questions, Kat! This is big! Does Phoenix know?"

"Does Phoenix know what?" I heard a voice and my eyes travelled to the figure over Kat's shoulder.

Phoenix Meyer stood there smiling politely and friendly as he took a seat next to Kat and kissed her cheek, "Hey, babe."

Sidney sneered in disgust as the two engaged in a series of a stupid lovesick conversation.

"I guess not," Sid muttered to me as they had their little fake argument. This had been happening for the past three months they'd been together and it was cute at first but now it made me want to gag myself with the plastic spork that sat on Sidney's tray.

"I missed you," Kat cooed out as Phoenix intertwined their fingers.

"I missed you more," he said in a sickly-sweet manner nearly making me throw up at the stupidness. I was loosing braincells as they conversed.