two

Present

DO NOT SPOIL OR YOU WILL BE MUTED

I was recovering from my depression after a year and a half. I was sent immediately to university after my recovery.

"Are you sure you're okay?" My best friend, Ari asked.

"I'm fine," I simply responded.

"Aw, come on, you are not the Minhyo I knew," she pouted.

"Well you should believe it, past is past," I replied as I stepped out of my mom's car.

"You're such a big girl now Minhyo! I'm proud of you! I hope both of you study well," mom said.

"We will, bye mom," I replied and kissed her forehead before heading off to the gates of the university dragging my suitcases behind.

"So, what course will you be taking?" Ari asked.

"Psychology, you?" I replied.

"Medicine," she responded.

We arrived at the front desk for our rooms.

"Good morning girls, how may I help you?" She greeted.

"Do you have a room for both of us to share?" I asked.

She smiled and bowed her head, then she checked her laptop to see if any room was available.

After a while, her smile faded.

"I'm sorry girls, we don't have any rooms to avail you, but we have two rooms with only one person in each, you can share with them," she said.

I looked at Ari and she nodded her head at me, signalling me its okay.

"We'll take the rooms, besides, what other choice do we have?" Ari replied as she grabbed one of the keys on the desk.

"But, excuse me Ms. Kim, I'm sorry if this disturbs you," the lady called.

"What?" I replied.

"You'll be rooming with a guy, much older than you,"

I hesitated for a bit, but then I realised its just better than no room at all.

I took the second one and we went to the elevator in the dormitory.

When the elevator stopped, I dragged my luggage, finding my assigned room.

"What room are you?" Ari asked.

"337, you?" I replied.

"344, just across yours," she replied.

We both stopped at the opposite ways and checked our doors.

"Well, this is my room," I told her.

"This is mine," she replied.

"I'll see you later," I said before closing the door.

She slightly nodded, and closed her door too.

I looked around and realised it was a neat and tidy, the living room looked like its been vacuumed, the kitchen was sparkling clean, and the curtains were tidy as if they've been feather-dusted every day. It looked like no one has been home.

I went through a small hallway around the corner and two rooms on each side facing each other.

I entered the second room and it was unoccupied, it looked like no one actually lived here.

I set my stuff down and laid down on my bed. Even this room is tidy, which was unusual for a guy.

I decided to explore more and went to the first room, the room had a black bed, blue curtains, a TV, a beanbag, and many more.

There was a laptop and a few suitcases. There were a pile of clothes on the laundry basket and a stereo. There were also no posters, kinda weird for a guy.

I'm thinking the guy was very smart, because of all the thick books he had on his shelf that were all related to Medicine.

There was also a lingering smell of alcohol mixed with scent oils which was kinda weird.

His bed also smelled much like a man, which was added to the scent of the room.

Unlike Yeonjun, he was a pop fanatic, he loved to collect stuff and draw his characters.

The room was also filled with pictures of beautiful polaroid pictures, the person who took it was not in there though, they were sceneries.

The CDs used to play on the stereo were all classical, from Bach to Vivaldi.

I went out of the room and decided to fix my own stuff since I only plopped my luggages down.

-

After a few hours, I was finally done, I went out of the room and relaxed on the couch.

I decided to make dinner for tonight, I was also wondering if I should be cooking for my long awaited roommate.

I checked the refrigerator and saw a cup of ramen noodles, but I figured that I shouldn't go around stealing other people's stuff.

I remembered bringing a ramen with me in the luggage, as I went to the room I heard the door open.

"Who are you?" A voice asked.