Chapter 23 (Part 1)

The bell on top of the door clinked as the waitresses welcomed the customer in united. Lisa removed her jacket and gave it to one of the employee. He accepted it and bowed a bit before disappeared to the small room where all the coats and jacket stored.

"Reservation under Kim," she informed the neat waiter as he guided her to their table.

Her mom waved at her excitedly. She told the waiter that it was okay for him to leave, she already found her family.

She greeted her family giving them hug one by one. Jennie was absolutely gorgeous tonight- she always was though. Lisa softly touched Jennie's back and kissed her temple giving her a loving smile. She didn't even aware of the surprise look their parents threw at them.

Lisa sat beside Jennie and took her hand in hers. 

"What did you order?" Lisa asked as she put her phone on the table.

"Broccoli Alfredo Stuffed Shells for you and Apple Cranberry Walnut Salad for me, Raspberry Sunrise Smoothie for me and mineral water for you," she answered. 

"Is your food even suitable for dinner?" Lisa scrunched her face.

"Yeah it is, I'm on diet, remember? I've gained weight."

"And I don't remember of agreeing that thing with you. Your body shape is just fine, even if you do gain weight it doesn't matter. U don't want you to starve, you'll get sick."

"Well... we can always share your food?" Jennie soothed Lisa's thigh, she didn't want to argue in front of their parents.

"Okay," she nodded.

"Lisa-ah, from what I heard, you really like smoothies." Jennie's dad said.

"She does, daddy. But she doesn't like it when she's having heavy meal." The lawyer answered.

"Yeah," Lisa chuckled. She felt less awkward with Jennie's parents after having dinner with them couple days ago. "Anyway, thank you for picking Jennie up dad," she smiled to the older guy version of her. "I was going to go but you know... emergency surgery and all."

"Aah don't mention it, it's my pleasure, darling." He squeezed her arm. 

"We wanted to come to Seoul at your birthday, Lisa-ah, but your dad said that you didn't celebrate your birthday so we cancelled the plan," Jennie's mom cautiously spoke.

"It's fine, mommy. It's not a big deal, thank you though for the consideration." She grinned.

"Jennie said you're working on a heart project?" Jennie's dad asked in curiosity. "Something with growing it?"

"Uh that, yeah I'm working on the proposal right now but with work and all it's kind of out of my hand no I'm taking it slowly."

"How does it work?"

"Well... we try to strip out the cell from a donor organ leaving the connective tissue that used to hold the cell in place. It's called decellularization then we reseeded it with the recipient's own cell hoping that it would regenerating without tissue rejection," Lisa described her project in a way that she thought the easiest for common people to understand. Jennie was playing with her hand under the table feeling proud of the way Lisa explained it

Not long after, their food arrived. The waiter who wore a suit came and presented the meal on the table. They thanked him and started to dig in.

Lisa cut her shell smaller and offered the first spoon to Jennie. Jennie threw her a questioning look but ate it anyway.