Chapter 5

When Api relayed the news to his best friend when they met up at Api's apartment and was on the way to Tanah's, Angin looked mildly disappointed. It was replaced by a bright smile and an envious stare.

"Cool! You saw her in her house!" Angin exclaimed.

Api raised an eyebrow. "Uh, you go there too. Aren't you the least bit of disappointed?"

"I am, but only slightly," Angin agreed. "Besides, I don't ever see her in person. Like, in a metre proximity. You're so lucky!"

"Speaking of which." Api shouldered his bag. "We still have to hurry."

However, this was unnecessary, as Tanah was leaving the house as they arrived. The two troublemakers stared at the older male in confusion, and Tanah noticed their presences. He slipped the keys in his pockets and waved at them.

"There's no lessons today." He dug into his pockets. Fishing out four tickets, he handed them to Api and Angin. "You remember Petir? It's the finale of the combat contest. I'm going to spectate, even if she loathes being stared at."

Wonder how she survived with Cahaya as a boyfriend, Api thought.

"Are these for us?" Angin leaned in.

Tanah nodded. "I'm driving. Cahaya's already there, so you can call Daun over and hop in. Would Air want to join?"

With the offer being laid bare, Angin and Api executed individual methods to drag their sisters over. Api threatened to throw himself off a tree. Angin said that she would get to see Api again. You wouldn't believe how fast females could travel once motivated.

Air jostled Api, threatening his sorry ass. "I dare you to jump off a tree."

Api's eyes narrowed. "Is that a challenge?"

"No." Air kicked Api into Tanah's car, shaking the vehicle.

Daun and Angin backed away from Air as far as possible. Daun called shotgun the moment she laid her eyes on the car. Angin was sandwiched between the two twins, feeling the bloodlust and stress rise between them.

Angin shirked from them the best he was able to. He did not want to get involved in another pair of siblings' rivalries and altercations.

If there was one thing the four of them could agree on, it was that Tanah was a crap driver. He almost ran into someone and failed to parallel park. In the end, they had to settle on pushing the car into the spot physically. Tanah couldn't have looked more embarrassed.

Air held Daun's hand as they manoeuvred through waves of crowds. Tanah's tickets were reserved for the front row, so they had a clear view of the contestants. The contestants all shared the trait of strength, owning biceps that made Angin feel ashamed, especially sitting next to Api and Tanah, whose muscles were visible through their shirts and sleeves.

"Kill me." Angin's cheeks burned red.

"No!" Daun snapped to him. "Don't die!"

Cahaya was nowhere to be seen. Api looked around to search for the narcissistic jerk, but he was simply obscured by thousands of spectators. He figured that Cahaya was easy to spot, especially with his blinding personality and figure. Looks like it was useless when it came to overwhelming crowds.

Then he noticed a mop of combed brown hair by the contestant's VIPs, having a one-sided conversation with a girl wearing a sleeveless vest.

"I see Petir and Cahaya," Api reported.

"Where?" Tanah asked kindly.

A sudden chill crept up Air's, Angin's and Api's spine. Their necks stiff and robotic, they turned to the president, whose expression was as strained as a balloon's plastic. Daun was blissfully oblivious. Yelping, all of them returned to the couple's movements.