Chapter 24 (Part 2)

Lisa with her dark blue scrub walked with Jisoo to the left wing of the hospital. Jisoo had caught her up on what the caused of her 'supposed to be in law' admitted to the hospital.

Jisoo showed her to his room.

"The first class is full so he'd be here till we get him another room," Jisoo stopped at the nurse station. Lisa turned her head as she increased her brow. "Jennie is there too. Don't hurt her more than you already do," she walked to the opposite direction.

Lisa sighed. She put on her game face and slipped her injured hands on her pocket and marched her way into the room- it divided by a curtain into two parts. There was another patient beside Mr. Kim.

"Hey, daddy. How are you feeling?" She asked as soon as he saw her.

"My child!" He greeted her. "I'm all better now," he smiled kindly. "Kind of sleepy but good nonetheless."

Lisa acknowledged all people in the room- her parents, Mrs. Kim and the used to be her other half. Lisa did smile towards Jennie but she didn't look at her. It was only for their parent's sake.

They chit chats bit and Lisa explained to them what cholelithiasis (gallstone) meant and the treatment he'd received.

All head turned towards the door where a second year resident holding a lab coat. 

"Dr. Manoban, it's yours. You left it in the OR," she said. 

"Put it there," she pointed the armchair with her eyes. The resident quickly set it at the requested place then left. Not long after, Dr. Lee- the doctor in charged for Mr. Kim came in. He was Lisa's teacher since she was a reed student. 

"Dr. Manoban? Why do we own the pleasure of having you here?" He softly touched her back, in fatherly way.

"This is my father in law, sir." It was awkward to have her hands in her pocket, it wasn't polite at all to do that when you're facing your teacher. She carefully took out her un-bandage hand- the bruised was noticeable. 

Jennie could easily spot it. She bit her lower lip as attempted to cairn herself- both because of Lisa's injured hand and also she said that her father was her father in law.

"You're married? How come I don't know about it?" He surprised.

"Uuh, we're not married yet but hopefully soon," Lisa smiled. 

Lisa might be able to fool everyone but not Jennie. Jennie knew her better, Lisa's eyes were dim- vacant. She was hiding her true feelings.

"Aah, who's the lucky person?"

"I am, sir." Lisa answered still smiling. Now her eyes were sad, it broke Jennie's heart.

He chuckled, "I mean your partner," he affirmed his intent.

"Oh, yeah of course. Here she is, doctor. Jennie Kim," for a split second their eyes met. Lisa gulped trying to control herself before looked away. Jennie bowed to him and greeted him politely.

"You are indeed the lucky one, she's so pretty!" He laughed. "Congratulation then, I'll be waiting for your wedding invitation," he patted Lisa's shoulder lightly.

Everything went blur after the conversation about marriage and Jennie. Her body was there but her mind drift apart to somewhere else. Being in the same room with Jennie somehow made her sentimental.

She missed her, she missed holding her in her arms, she missed her scent, she missed Jennie's smile more than ever. Her rock heart was eaten her up from inside. It drove her nuts yet she couldn't do anything.