Chapter 23

After a few days in Mountainville, I arrived in Atros City in Etria.

I found out that my resort finished renovation. I found it surprising because during winter renovations would go slower, but I guess everything with magic is possible.

My clinic is finally ready though the clinic is not full because there are only workplaces for a physician, surgeon, obstetrician, and of course nurses.

This will be a perfect opportunity to hire some workers in Etria. Although I already hired nurses from Royal hospital I still need to hire doctors.

I left the bus station and I saw a guy coming towards me. He is wearing a suit.

"Mrs. Amethyst?" The guy asked me.

"Yes?" I answered in confusion. Who was that guy?

"Your husbands hired me to be your driver for one week and I am supposed to take you to your apartment." Then he handed me the card which was used to unlock the door and keys. The apartment is definitely in a very safe neighborhood.

I was confused. They never told me that they prepared a place for me to stay in. But I believed the guy because I don't think a kidnapper would take time to make fake keys appear believable in front of the victim. Nonetheless, I went with him.

He led me to the car. The car is high-end because this car can fly.

Driving through numerous skyscrapers reminded me of how I used to live in Etria alone depending only on myself. It was hard, very hard. I was lucky that I have my friends who supported me in any way they could.

I should probably text Ashley to tell her that I'm already here. She knows that this month I planned to come, I'm excited to see her and Robin.

And of course, I'm excited to see James.

My heart fluttered and my cheeks reddened, what our meeting would be after not seeing him for one and half months.

"We are here." I instantly snapped for my daydream.

" Here is my number. If you need me to drive somewhere contact me." The driver handed me the card with his number on it. I thanked him and got out of the car grabbing my bags.

There was an address on the key card to which house it belonged. I looked around and the house belongs to the highest skyscraper in the neighborhood.

There was a receptionist in the building who helped me find the number of the apartment.

Right now I'm going up by elevator the higher I go up the more I recognize the neighborhood. In this neighborhood, only the rich people could afford an apartment.

I walked out of the elevator and opened the door of the apartment. It appears that it wasn't an apartment more like a penthouse.

Well, it's nothing strange for a rich family to have property outside of the country, but I guess I never knew the true extent of Amethyst's family wealth.

I put my bags on the white leather couch and walked to the window. It was refreshing looking at the scenery of Atros city.

I didn't have to work hard to pay for my bills, worry about exams, and about assignments that are going to be due. But having lots of money comes with more worries. Right now I'm responsible for the people who are working for me. If my business went bankrupt, people would lose jobs.

I hope the clinic will be a great success.

I hear my phone is ringing. I pick up the phone and I see Ashley is calling me, so I decided to answer the call.

"Oh my god, I can't believe you are here! Are you at the bus station or in a hotel?" Ashley asked me.

"No, I'm at the apartment," I answered while chuckling.

"Are you still renting your previous apartment or have you decided to rent a new one?" Ashley asked. Since I didn't know when I would be back I called the landlord that I would be moving out.

"No, I'm staying at the apartment that belongs to my husband." I had almost said husbands instead of a husband. I'm not supposed to reveal anything about Ravendale to her or I would be visited by those agents who visited me informing me of my mother's death.

"Can I come to your place, then?" Ashley asked hesitantly, she didn't know if I came back with a husband or not.

"Sure," I answered. Then after we talked for a bit I sent her an address and ordered some food, since I was too lazy to do grocery shopping or go to the restaurant.

I looked around the apartment and I noticed a note on a table. It was a note from my husbands apologizing for not informing me about arranging my stay here. There was also the number of housekeepers written, so if I need an apartment to be cleaned I can call the housekeeper.

I went to the room that my husbands explained is mine in the note and left my bags there and I went back to the living room to watch tv.

I watched TV until Ashley came to my apartment. We hugged and started to chat with each other. Her facial expression looked shocked when she saw the apartment.

"Your husband must be loaded." She told me. I just shrugged. I didn't know what to say to her.

Then we continued chatting to each other and eating pizza.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I hope you guys enjoyed reading this chapter ^-^

Damn , who knew that her husbands would also own penthouse?

What do you think about the book or the chapter? ^-^

See ya next week!