Chapter Twenty Four

Even though Hale only planned to have his family out, it turned into Mia insisting Bella be there to help her pick out clothes for school in January and the other women in the family pressuring him into inviting her along because they still hadn't been properly introduced.

She called him first thing in the morning, told him what happened and got the response she expected. He threatened to kill Austin, without knowing the whole story. She said she would tell him later and they met up for an early lunch. Then to the mall just outside of town.

"It's good to finally meet you." Hale's mom greets Bella with a smile.

"Nice to meet you as well, Mrs. Nathan."

"You can call me Laura." She responds, waving a dismissive hand. Her gray eyes twinkle.

Bella came dressed in a cute pair of tan overalls with a white turtle neck sweater underneath and chunky black boots. Hale thought she looked adorable, and smiled uncontrollably when he looked at her. She's just so beautiful.

"About damn time we formally meet the girl who has Hale so whipped." Gran grumps, pulling Bella in for a hug. Bella smiles, hugging Gran back. Gran smells like the same laundry detergent that lingers on Hale's clothes.

Emily is next to greet Bella, holding her hand our for a more formal greeting. "Hale and Mia never shut up about you, I feel like I already know you. I'm Emily."

Bella chuckles, brushing hair out of her face. "It's nice to meet you all."

"It's 'y'all', sweetie. Don't be afraid to show your country 'round us." Gran scoffs softly, peering at her menu.

Hale squeezes Bella's hand under the table. Laura sips her water and makes a funny face at Mia, who laughs before turning her eyes to Bella. "So, what are your plans for the future?"

With this question, Hale realized he didn't know much about Bella and her plans for the future. They didn't talk like that. He was too afraid to think that she might not have room for him. He knows she's going to do great things, whatever it is. He didn't want to think about not having her in his life. Or not being in hers.

"I want to be a music teacher." She answers, her eyes lighting up.

His mom nods, smiling, "Teachers are always in demand. I think that's great."

Bella nods, sit up a little straighter in her seat. "I really want to work with kids who have disabilities."

Hale feels proud of her, to have her. He smiles to himself, wondering what he did to deserve her. Bella is the most caring person he's ever met. She's beautiful inside and out. He adores her. And as they continue into the afternoon, watching her interact with his family as if she's part of it, only makes him fall for her even more. They get to the point where all of the girls are fighting for Bella. Mia wants her to help pick out bedding, while Emily wants her opinion on some clothes and Gran wants to ask which type of rug to get in her room.

Hale is left out of the girl-stuff, stuck with carrying the bags. He didn't mind, the whole day was for them. He enjoyed spending money on them. All five of the girls he is with are his world. Band aside, he wouldn't be here without each of them. Spoiling them wasn't a problem. He always wanted to be successful enough that they could go into a store and buy what they wanted without worrying about price. Which they still did, much to his annoyance because it seemed like every thing they bought was a fight.

It wasn't until he had been in the mall for about two hours that people started to get gutsy enough to come up to him. Bella chuckled when giddy pre-teens started approaching Hale, asking for pictures and autographs. His family was in some store shopping, so he figured he had enough time. He looked extremely uncomfortable, mostly with the attention. But put on a smile and interacted with them a lot like he does Mia. She found it adorable.