Chapter 29

Arohi awoke  slowly.  And then abruptly she shot up into a sitting position, clutching the bed sheet against her body.  Events from the previous night flooded her brain and she blushed remembering how Arjun woke her up in the middle of the night to make love to her again.  Glancing quickly to his side she could still see the imprint of his head on his pillow.  But he was gone.  What time is it? she wondered, stretching slowly as she peaked over at the clock.  9:30...oh my gosh 9:30!!!  In a panic she quickly got out of bed.  Riya had probably been awake for a couple hours.  Had she had her breakfast?  Did she brush her teeth?  Were the thoughts that ran through her head as she hurriedly slipped on her gold dress.  Blushing again as she remembered Arjun having slipped it off her in the living room.  Last night had been amazing.  Pure and utter bliss, she felt so alive, and there was only one person that could make her feel that way...and that was Arjun.   Stepping into the en suite bathroom she grinned at the Arohi that stared back at her in the mirror.  She knew it sounded clichd but she seriously did have a glow about her.  Who knew love making could make your skin so vibrant she thought with a giggle.  A new toothbrush sat next to the sink.  "Thank you Arjun!" she said quickly brushing her teeth and washing her face.  Then running her hands through her hair to bring it to some semblance of control.  Once done she strode to the door, hesitating for a few seconds, feeling nervous about facing Arjun after last night. 

Arjun looked up as Arohi walked into the dining room.  As they made eye contact he watched a blush appear on her cheeks and watched as she self consciously  tucked an errant wisp of hair out of her face.  "Good morning" she said softly walking quickly to Riya and kissing her on the forehead.  "Good morning." Arjun answered meeting her gaze again and giving her a sweet dimpled smile.  Arohi felt her the fluttering in her stomach start as she sat down and reached for a piece of toast and pot of coffee.  "Mama you sleep late!" Riya exclaimed looking at her mom.  "Yes baby, mama was tired."  Arohi replied, ignoring Arjun's smirk.  As Riya bit into her toast she asked innocently "Did you have a sleepover with daddy?"  Arohi promptly choked on her coffee.  "Um, no, no, not  at all..." Arohi stuttered.  "You're mama slept in daddy's bed and daddy slept in the guest bedroom." Arjun finally said looking at Arohi with laughter in his eyes as he drank his coffee.  Arohi sighed with relief as she noticed Riya shrug and start talking to her princess doll.  She didn't like lieing to her daughter but there were some things a 3 year old just didn't need to know!

"Did you sleep well?" Arjun asked nonchalantly.  "Yes, thank you!" she replied, again not meeting his gaze.  "I go play in my room daddy?" Riya asked.  Arjun nodded.  "Okay let's go wash your hands first." he said."  "Only 10 minutes Riya." Arohi quickly said.  "And then we're going home."  Riya nodded as Arjun took her hand. The pair leaving the table together.  "Thank god!" Arohi muttered to herself.  She was feeling so anxious and the few bites of toast were still stuck in her chest.  She needed to calm herself down.  Picking up her cup of coffee she moved to the large dining room window.  The city spread out infront of her, the hustle bustle of the city probably in full bloom by now.  "Good morning" she heard Arjun say as his hands settled on her hips and he kissed her neck.  Arohi felt her heart rate rise.  "I thought we already said good morning" she said as Arjun turned her around and took the coffee cup out of hands and gently placed it on the table next to them.  "Not properly" he said in a husky voice as he cupped the back of her neck and brought her face closer for a soft kiss.  Arohi melted into him, entwining her arms around his neck as she kissed him back.  "Last night was amazing." he said as he pulled away and leaned his forehead against hers.  "Hmm..It was" she whispered.  But then with all the willpower she could exhibit she pulled away and took a step back.  "I think we needed to get that over with to get each other out of our system's."  Arjun raised an eyebrow and folded his arms across his chest  as he leaned against the table and waited for her to continue.  Arohi moved to the dining room table and started to fidget with a spoon.  "We know that we obviously can't continue with this, so I'm glad that we got last night over and done with."  "It was always the elephant in the room..hanging over us."  "All that sexual tension" she said softly.  "Now, that we've got it out of our system we can just be parents to Riya."  "Concentrate only on that." she said in a calm voice, which completely rivaled with the mad fluttering in her stomach.

Arjun stepped away from the table he was leaning against and took a few steps to stand infront of Arohi.  "The chances of you being out of my system or me ever getting enough of you are slim to none."  Picking up her hand he brought her wrist up and pressed a soft feather like kiss against it. "After last night I want you even more."  "I need you even more."  Arohi gulped and she felt her mouth go dry as she watched him press another kiss on her wrist, and then trace the spot with his fingertip.  "Yes, things are going to be more complicated but when have things been simple between us?"  "We don't do well with simple." He said in a husky voice as he kissed her shoulder and then moved up to her neck.  Arohi bit her bottom lip to stop her groan.  "I want you and you want me."  "Now it's up to you to decide if you're going to fight it or just give in like you want to." he said before his lips pressed against hers again for a hot kiss.  Arohi felt dazed when he pulled away and gave her a lopsided grin.  "Mama," Riya called from her room.  Arohi quickly pulled herself together and rushed away from Arjun.  Temptation, temptation, the devil was tempting her again and damned if she wasn't just dieing to give in to him again.

Arohi  stretched trying to work the kink out of her neck.  It had been a long and busy week at the boutique and on top of that she had met with three nanny's that Arjun had his assistant find for them.  She'd liked all three but one stuck out more then the others.  She was young, but she had great credentials and seeing her with Riya had convinced Arohi pretty quickly that she would be great.  So Arohi had hired her for 3 days a week.  Thank god Arjun had been on that because Arohi had been so busy as of late she barely had time to eat forget about shop around for a nanny.  And Riya had been getting bored going to the boutique or to Arjun's office every day.  There was only so much entertainment her parents could provide while they worked.  Hearing her shop door open, Arohi looked up.  "Hi" she said a little surprised to see Arjun.  Delhi had been hit by a downpour of rain, Arohi didn't think anyone be out if they didn't have to be. "Hey, how are you doing?" he asked as he shook the rain out of his hair.  "Better then you!"  "What are you doing out in the rain?" Arohi asked, grabbing a towel from the back and handing it to him.  "I was leaving the office and with the weather the way it is I thought I'd check on you." he said a little sheepishly.  Arohi's heart squeezed as she took in the fact that Arjun was worried for her safety.  "I'm fine, you know my house isn't far from here."  "Besides Sophia, the new nanny, is with Riya tonight so that I can get some inventory done."   "By the time I leave, the rain should have dulled."  Arjun nodded as he loosened his tie and took off his wet jacket.  Arohi couldn't help but think how young and boyish he looked.  His hair wet and mussed.  His smile, soft and carefree.  "How does Riya like Sophia?" Arjun asked.  She's babysat her twice now, and so far so good."  Arohi answered. Arjun nodded.  "Good, poor Riya was starting to get tired of the budget reports I was reading her at storytime." he said with a smile.  Arohi giggled.  "She was also getting tired of hiding, and me not coming to find her because a customer had come into the store." Arohi said with a laugh. 

"Riya has decided we're having a teddy bear picnic on the weekend." Arjun said.  Seeing Arohi raise her eyebrows at that, he shook his head "Don't ask."  "Anyways, do you want to come?"  Arohi paused and stared back at him.  They'd had minimal contact since the morning after they had made love and Arohi had found herself thinking about Arjun constantly.  Everytime she had even heard his voice since then, she had felt her insides start to turn to mush.  His thoughts constantly plaguing her.  The way he was with Riya, such a wonderful dad.  The support he'd given her regarding her career.  His teasing, and ofcourse it didn't help that she could still feel his hands on her body and the feel of his lips against hers.  She still wanted him.  He was right, the chances of them not wanting eachother were slim to none.  "You should take off your shirt." she heard herself say.  Arjun raised his eyebrows and gave her a smirk.  "I like the way you think Arohi." he said.  "Arjun!"  "It's wet, that's the only reason I'm suggesting you take it off." she said rolling her eyes at him.  "Whatever you say Arohi." Arjun said slipping off his shirt as he followed Arohi to the back storage room.  "Here you can wear this." she said handing him a long white kurtha.  Arjun stared at it a moment.  And then sighing he took it from her hands quickly slipping it on.  Arohi's eyes wandered over him.  He looked so handsome, how was she supposed to to stand her ground when he stood infront of her, tempting her. "Do you want some coffee?" she asked turning away from him.  "Sure"  Arohi handed him a cup being careful not to touch him.  "I talked to Rashi today." he said looking up at her.  Arohi's face broke into a big smile.  "How is she?" she asked "She's really good"  "She's in LA doing her Masters in Psychology"  Arohi gasped.  "No way!"  "That is great."  "She was always the studious one, I shouldn't be surprised."  "Yeah she was, remember how crazy she made me that week you two were busy with exams."  "Every time I tried to get close to you she was right there shoving a text book down your throat."  Arohi burst out laughing.  "You were hilarious that week." she said remembering back.  "Yeah you laugh now!"  "But that was torture."  "Waiting to spend the night with my own wife!"  "But as I remember you made it up to me." Arjun said softly, his eyes staring intensely at her.  "So when is she finished?" Arohi asked, changing the subject.  "She'll be done at the end of the year and then she'll be back.  "She wants to see you and Riya." he said quietly.  Arohi nodded.  "I thought she would hate me after everything that happened." Arohi said.  "I don't think so, I know she was hurt but when I talked to her and told her everything she was excited to see you again."  "You two have been friends all your life, you have so much history.  "Yeah, just like you and I." Arohi said quietly looking down.  Arjun tilted her chin up to meet her eyes.  "You and I have a completely different bond." he said.  Arohi felt her heart rate quicken and her hopes rise.  "We have a child that will always bind us together."  Arohi nodded trying to hide her disappointment.  She knew they had Riya to bind them together, but for some reason she was hoping Arjun was talking about something else.  Don't be silly she told herself when she felt her heart clench in hurt.  

"Hey you okay?" Arjun asked.  "Fine," Arohi said moving away to the one of two chairs they had sitting in the storage room.   "Rashi might not hate me, but your parents probably do huh?" Arohi asked.  Arjun stared at her.  "Do you really think my parents would hate you?"  "You were like a daughter to them."  "Disappointed...well that's another thing" he said.  "I think they were disappointed in the both of us."  "And ofcourse our relationship breaking effected our father's  rock solid never wavering friendship."  Arohi nodded, feeling tears fill her eyes.  That was just another regret.  Her and Arjun had destroyed so many relationships all in their selfishness.  "They still see eachother time to time at functions and such."  "And I know they still care about each other but gone is that tight friendship that used to exist."  "Before we selfishly destroyed it" Arjun said looking down at his hands.  Suddenly looking up he said "I'm sorry Arohi."  "I'm sorry for my part in breaking our marriage."  "I should never have involved Natasha."  "I should never have taken the route I did take."  "I was just so consumed in my rage I couldn't see straight."  Arohi stared at him in shock.  She couldn't believe Arjun was apologizing.  She could see that the apology was from the heart just from the uncertainty and anguish in his eyes.  "I, I"m sorry too" she began.  "I shouldn't have hid my insecurities from you, I should have spoken to you before I even took a step like scheduling an abortion."  "Every time I think about the fact that I even let the thought of killing my baby girl enter my head... I hate myself." Arohi said with a sob.  "I will always live with the fact that I almost killed our child."  "The best thing that has ever happened to me was Riya and I can't believe abortion ever crossed my mind." Arohi said as tears streamed down her face.  "Shh." Arjun began as he pulled her into his arms holding her tightly.  "You didn't go ahead with it Arohi."  "That's the important thing."  "You had doubts which in hindsight are normal and your hormones were all over the place."  "The pregnancy was a surprise, one you didn't want."  "It's not all your fault."  "I should have been there more to support you."  "I was just so excited and wrapped up in being a father that I didn't think about what you were going through."  "I just thought you'd get over it."  "But I should have helped you get over it."  Arohi looked up at him tearfully.  "You were great, trying to take care of me and listening to all my demands like we can't tell the family and we can't change anything about the boutique and even when you saw the abortion website you freaked out but in hindsight you could have done a lot more."  "But you didn't cause you trusted me enough to think I would never do something like this behind your back. "  "But I did" she said with another sob.  "No you didn't!" Arjun said titling her tear stained face up and staring at her.  "You didn't abort Riya, instead you gave birth to her alone, and have been raising her on your own and doing an amazing job."  "She's amazing because of you're upbringing."  "I admit when I first found out, I was furious"  "I have a daughter that I know nothing about and it was just easier blaming you, punishing you."  "But through these months as I've gotten to know Riya and in a way you again I know I was wrong."  "I was just as much to blame and even though I didn't like what you did I atleast understand it now."  "And I'm so happy to have Riya back"  And you, he thought but didn't say out loud. 

Pulling her back to him he held her tightly against him.  The two of them not saying anything until Arohi finally pulled away.  "It looks like you're going to have to change your shirt again" she said with a teary giggle.  Looking down Arjun saw the front of his kurtha was wet from Arohi's tears.  "That's okay."  "I know a place I can get another one." he said with a wink.  Arohi stared up at him.  Her heart squeezing almost painfully.  They were so wrong for each other, their whole relationship had proved that.  Yet she still wanted what she knew she couldn't have.  She still wanted that happy family and she wanted it with Arjun.  Prepare yourself for heart break Arohi because you and Arjun can never be one.  Your love is toxic and only destroys everything it touches.  Starting with your own lives.

Arohi moved away from Arjun, her hand unconsciously moving to her still stiff neck, trying to rub out the kink.  She felt Arjun's hands on her neck push hers aside as he started to gently massage it.  "When was the last time you ate?" he asked as Arohi relaxed under his touch.  "Um.."..oh my gosh she couldn't remember.  "I think I had cereal this morning with Riya." she said hesitantly.  "It's 7:00 and all you've had is cereal." he asked.  "That feels so good, don't stop" Arohi said as she felt the kink loosening.  "I love to hear those words from your mouth?" Arjun said with a grin.  "Hmmm" was Arohi's answer as she let him work his magic.  Eventually pulling away she looked at him drowsily.  "That felt so good, my body feels like jelly."  Arjun smiled.  "Anytime you need a massage anywhere, you let me know." he said chuckling as she pushed at his chest in admonishment.  "Come have dinner with me." he said.  Arohi frowned.  "No way!"  "And are you going to have dinner dressed like that?" she asked.  Arjun frowned.  "Okay, give me a minute." he said grabbing his phone."  She heard him talking to someone then watched as he walked back to her.  "Dinner will be served in approximately 30 minutes or less!" he said.  "Now how to kill 30 minutes?"" he said pulling her to him and kissing her.  "Arjun" Arohi said pushing at his chest but as he deepened the kiss, she forgot about pushing him away, instead grasping his kurtha she pulled him closer.  Her hands making there way up to his hair.  As Arjun walked her backwards until she hit a wall she could feel his hands unbuttoning her blouse.  "So soft." he said as his hands settled on her bare abdomen, and he kissed her neck.  Arohi paused for just a second before she started tugging at his kurtha.  "Take it off Arjun!" she said kissing his neck.  Arjun bit back a groan but quickly did as she asked.  Suddenly they couldn't get enough of each other. "I shouldn't have started this, we don't have enough time!" Arjun said kissing her everywhere as he unzipped her trousers pushing them down to pool around her ankles.  "But you did and now you have to finish it!' Arohi said bringing his mouth back to hers for a kiss.  Arjun gave her a hot sizzling kiss, pressing closer and closer to her.  "Where??" he said looking around as he helped her unbuckle his belt.  Except for 2 chairs and a very small table the room was pretty empty of furniture.  Arohi pulled his mouth back to hers.  She wanted his mouth and hands on her.  "Please Arjun!" she said kissing him desperately.  Arjun pulled away grabbing the first piece of cloth, he found, and throwing it on the ground haphazardly, he grabbed Arohi's hand and pulled her down.  Making love to her so desperately and passionately that there was no denying how much he wanted her and she wanted him.

"I can't believe we just did that!" Arohi said laying next to him out of breath.  "I can!"  "And that was so HOT!" Arjun said from beside her.  She couldn't deny how damn hot that had been.  "I blame you!" she said.  "If you hadn't given me that massage I wouldn't have become so relaxed and" "And you wouldn't have attacked me?!" Arjun said from beside her.  Arohi elbowed him in the ribs.  Arjun laughed as he turned over and kissed her shoulder.  "I'm willing to take the blame if that's what you'd like."  'Next time you can take the blame."  Arohi stared up at him.  Next time, oh lord Arjun was already talking about next time and she knew she didn't have the willpower to deny that there probably would be a next time.   "I need to get up and get dressed" Arjun said not moving.  The delivery guy should be here any second.  "Arjun!" Arohi said with a giggle pushing him until he sighed and got up.  "The things I do for you." he said helping Arohi stand up too.  "Oh really!" Arohi said as she buttoned up her shirt.  "The things you do for me, oh and you didn't enjoy yourself at all?!" she said in mock anger.  "Maybe a tiny bit." Arjun answered with a grin moving out of the way as Arohi went to hit him.  Hearing someone at the door Arjun moved to the front of the store.

"Chinese!" Arohi said excitedly as the two of them say down around the tiny table and Arjun opened up boxes of all of her favorite things.  Arohi's mouth watered looking at the cashew chicken.  "I know how much you like your Chinese!" Arjun said shaking his head and smiling as he watched Arohi bite into her food and moan with pleasure.  "Remember that place we used to go to all the time in Bandra...what was it called "Mr. Hon's"  "Is that still there?" she asked.  Arjun nodded taking a bite himself.  "Yup, best sweet and sour chicken in all of Mumbai!" he said smiling at her.  The two ate and talked and laughed.  Arohi couldn't help thinking it was like old times and even though she knew it was a dangerous road she was headed down she couldn't help herself.  She wasn't ready to stop pretending yet.  She wasn't ready to leave the fantasy she had created in her mind of her, Arjun and Riya and happily ever after.  "What time is it?" she asked a couple of hours later.  "10:05 Arjun answered making Arohi jump out of her chair.  "We totally got carried away there Mr. Singhania!"  she said starting to gather her things. "I need to get home I told Sophia I'd be home by 10:00!" Arohi said.  Arjun grabbed her hand and pulled her to him.  "Calm down, you'll just be a few minutes late."  "Have dinner with me tomorrow night, Arohi." he said in the next breath.  Arohi's eyes widened.  Arjun was asking her out on a date?  "I don't know if that's a good idea Arjun." Arohi replied pulling away a little.  "It's a great idea." he said holding her tight and giving her a dimpled smile.  " Infact, I don't know why I haven't had such a brilliant idea earlier!" he added.  Arohi tried not to smile.  "Are you asking me out because of what we did here earlier?" she asked.  "I'm asking you out because you're an amazing, intelligent beautiful woman that I love spending time with."  he answered.  "But we're divorced Arjun, isn't this weird?"  she asked.  "Don't you think we're past weird?" he asked in return.   "We just made love for the 3rd time and that too on the floor of your storage room."  "As usual we're doing things backwards."  "I would think you would atleast expect me to buy you dinner before I make hot passionate love to you again." he said with a smug smile.  Arohi blushed.  "What makes you think we'll be doing that again?" she asked narrowing her eyes.  Arjun grinned and gave her a knowing look making Arohi blush again.  "So what do you say?"  "We can have dinner, I'll talk to Sophia about taking care of Riya at my place and so after dinner we can go there." Arjun said wrapping his arms around Arohi.  "And...?" she asked.  "And" he continued raising an eyebrow at her.  "And I can have my way with you." he said kissing her neck.  Arohi pushed at his chest stifling a giggle.  "I knew it!" she said.  "Hey, fine, fine, you can have your way with ME!"  "Happy now?!" Arjun asked, as Arohi gasped and then burst out laughing as he hugged her to him. 

"Neha di, nothing is up!" Arohi said as she rolled her eyes for the 3rd time at her meddling sister.  She was trying to get ready for her date with Arjun and her sister decided this was the best time to quiz Arohi about her life.  "Where's Riya?" Neha asked.  She spent the day with Arjun today so she's at his place."  Arohi answered.  "Hmm..." was her sister's answer, making Arohi sigh.  "So how are things with Riya and Arjun?"  "Great, she's completely excepted him as her dad." Arohi answered as she slipped her heals on.  "That's good...and how are things between Riya's parents?" Neha asked nonchalantly.  "Fine." Arohi said flatly.  "Fine good or fine bad?"  "Or fine very very good?" Neha asked.  Arohi frowned.  "Fine, fine!" Arohi snapped back.  "Hmm." Neha answered.  "Di, can you please just spit it out?"  "I really don't have time for all this."  Arohi snapped. "What are you so busy with?"  "Do you have a hot date or something?" Neha scoffed.  Arohi paused and didn't respond.  "YOU HAVE A HOT DATE!" Neha suddenly shouted.  "OMG!"  "And you didn't tell me, your one and only sister!"  Arohi sighed.  "It's not what you think di."  "I'll be the judge of that, who's the date with?" Neha asked.  Silence from Arohi.  "So you're not going to tell me, well I'll figure it out!"  "Let's see what guys have you mentioned lately."  "Hmm,...well...you mentioned...um...oh hell you've only mentioned Arjun!"  Neha said.  Arohi chewed nervously on her bottom lip.  "OMG!"  "IT"S ARJUN isn't it!" her sister screamed.  Arohi winced.  "Di, could you please not scream in my ear."  "I seriously don't know how jiju puts up with your melodrama." "You have a hot date with your ex husband and you're saying I'm being melodramatic!"  "How the hell did this happen?"  "What's happening?"  "I need details!"  "lots and lots of details!"  Neha demanded.  "I dont' have time to give you details right now." Arohi said glancing at the clock on the wall.  "I'm late as it."  "Just tell me this Arohi, have you two slept together?"  "Has it gone that far?" Neha asked excitedly.  "BYE DI!"  Arohi said firmly.  "OMG you have!!!""""  "Oh my god!" were the last words Arohi heard from her sister as Arohi hung up the phone.  Arohi sighed but couldn't help smiling at her sweet but meddlesome older sister.

Hearing a knock on the door Arohi calmed her nerves and went to go open the door.  "Hi beautiful!" Arohi stood rooted in shock for a moment and then her face broke out into a huge smile "AMAR!" she yelled happily as he lifted her off the ground and hugged her tight.  When he finally put her down he looked her up and down.  "WOW!"  "You look beautiful." he said.  Arohi self consciously smoothed down the pallu of her white and silver sari.  "Thanks." she said ushering him in.  "How was the wedding?"  "How's DJ?"  she asked.  "Good and Good" he answered with a smile.  "DJ missed you and Riya a lot."  "Every time she hung up the phone after one of your conversations she would say "Amar can't our flight be moved up?"  Arohi grinned.  "We missed her so much too!"  "It's been so lonely without DJ around, you know how she keeps everything so lively." Arohi said with a smile.  "Did you just miss DJ?" Amar asked pulling her to him.  Arohi smiled uncomfortably.  "Riya missed her buddy so much." she replied.  "And what about you Arohi?" he asked lifting his hand up to her face.  Arohi gulped.  "Yeah Arohi, what about you?"  "Did you miss Amar here as much as he obviously missed you or is it that you barely thought about him?" Arjun said from the doorway.  Amar turned to  Arjun with a scowl.  "What the hell do you want?" he asked angrily.  Arjun gave him a smirk .  "I have what I want...can you say the same for yourself?" Arjun asked.  "You better get the hell off my property Arjun orelse I'm going to have you thrown off!"  Arohi watched as Arjun continued to smirk at Amar and Amar continued to look like he wanted to murder Arjun.  "Please stop you two!" she finally said.  "Arjun stop smirking and Amar stop scowling."  "I can't help it Arohi, every time this jerk comes near you it makes my blood boil for everything he did to you and put you through." Amar said furiously.  Arjun's eyes darkened dangerously as he took a step away from the door jamb he'd been leaning against.  "I don't think what goes on between myself and my wife is any of your business!" Arjun said in a cold hard voice.  "EX WIFE!" Amar snapped.  "It would do you well to remember that!" he added coldly.  "And it would do you well to stay out of my business." Arjun warned.  Arohi looked from one man to the other helplessly.  How was she supposed to control two such volatile personalities?  "Arohi, are you ready?" Arjun asked, his face softening alittle as he looked at her.  "What?" Amar asked in disbelief  "Arohi's not ready to go anywhere with you!" he said.  "Amar, calm down."  "Arjun and I are just going for dinner." she said softly.  "Dinner???!!"  "You're going for dinner with this jerk."  "After everything he did to you?" Amar asked still in disbelief.  "We have things to discuss about Riya!" Arohi said softly not meeting Arjun's intense gaze.  "So you don't need to have dinner with him to do that!" Amar exclaimed.  "Amar, please just listen."  "Arjun and I have moved on from the past."  "We have realized that in order to raise a child together we need to stop fighting."  "So we've called a truce."  Arohi explained.  "So now you're back together?" Amar asked completely dumbfounded.  "NO!" Arohi quickly snapped.  Arjun stared at her.  "We're not back together, we're just trying to be civil with each other."  "For our daughter's sake."  she added.  Amar stared at her.  "I don't believe you!"  " I think this bas***d is holding something over you and once I find out what it is I'm going to make him pay for hurting you!" Amar said acidly.  Arjun's cold stare rivaled the laugh that came from his mouth.  "I'd love to see you try." he said.  "BEHAVE both of you!" Arohi snapped pushing Amar towards the door.  Closing the door behind him Arohi sighed heavily as she leaned against the door.  Arjun watched her, his eyes void of any emotion.  "Sorry about that ." she finally said.  "Amar is just very protective of Riya and I."  "He's also in love with you." Arjun said moving towards her.  As he came and stood infront of her, Arohi gave him a wary look.  "Are you in love with him?" he asked, knowing the answer but needing to do be 100% sure.  Arohi's mouth fell open.  "Would I have made love with you if I was in love with Amar?" she asked angrily.  Arjun stared at her and then a slow smile crept to his lips.  "No, you wouldn't have."  "I apologize I shouldn't have asked you a question that I already know the answer to."   He knew she wouldn't have because she still belived that love and making love go hand in hand.  She might not know it yet,  but it did give him renewed hope that she may return the feelings he had for her.  The feelings that had never left, but he'd kept hidden in some far off corner of his heart.  And spending time with Arohi, getting to know her again had brought them back full force.  He was in love with her and even though he knew she wasn't ready to acknowledge that she too may still love him he felt renewed hope that she would realize it soon.  "Should we get going?" Arjun asked.  Arohi gave him a glare but seeing his boyish dimpled smile she finally smiled herself.  "Yes, let's go!' she said grabbing her clutch.  "Hey before we go." he said turning her around to look at him.  "You look breathtaking today." he said sfotly as his lips pressed against hers for a soft delicious kiss.  As he pulled away and grabbed her hand, Arohi felt that familiar squeezing of her heart.  The familiar ache,  That familiar pull towards him.  "Don't think about it!' she told herself, but she just couldn't help herself. 

Dinner was delicious and Arjun managed to pull Arohi out of her grumpy mood by teasing and flirting with her.  As they finished dessert and coffee Arohi started to feel nervous and anxious, the knots retuning in her stomach.  She knew what they had planned for after dinner.  And it wasn't like it was their first time, but maybe because of the confrontation with Amar earlier or her own nerves she didn't know if her and Arjun spending the night together again was a good thing.  Arjun watched the play of emotions across Arohi's face.  She had no idea how expressive she could be, or how well he could still read her.  She was starting to have doubts. He could see it.  "Should we get going?" he asked finally.  'Um, sure." she answered.  He held the passenger side door open for her and she got in still not being able to shrug off that anxious feeling.   Arjun glanced over at Arohi as she fidgeted with her sari pallu.  They drove in silence, until Arjun finally spoke.  "Relax."  "No wonder you get kinks in your neck, you're always so tense."  Arohi abruptly stopped fidgeting.  "I don't know what you're talking about." she said .  Arjun didn't repond and Arohi unconsciously went back to her fidgeting.  "You're home." Arjun finally said.  "Huh?" Arohi said pulling herself back into the present.  She was thinking back to the easy conversation her and Arjun had shared last night in her store room.  How right it had felt but how wrong it really was.  Frowning as she looked around she saw that they had pulled outside of her guest house.  "I, I thought we were going to your place." she said hesitantly.  Arjun smiled as he leaned closer to her, cupping her face gently with one hand and rubbing his thumb across her bottom lip.  "I want you, but not like this."  "You're having second thoughts and as much as I'd love to convince you, and let's face it I could convince you." he said with a cocky smile that made Arohi smile and shake her head.  "As much as I want you with me tonight I don't want you to have regrets tomorrow."   "And you would have regrets."  Arjun said.   Arohi stared at him suddenly feeling a lump form in her throat.  Why did he have to be so sweet, why did he have to understand her so well!  Why could he read her better then anyone else.  Even now after so long.  Getting out of the car, he opened her door helping her out.  "Good night Arohi." he said softly as he pulled her gently towards him cupping her face, he gave her a long sweet kiss.  Arohi felt tears gather in her eyes and quickly stream down her face.  Arjun pulled away slowly and gently wiped the tears away.  Arohi pulled away and quickly turning around she rushed into her home.  Leaning against the door she let the sobs come.  She didn't even know why she was crying, maybe it was for the life she lost, the life that could have been. or maybe it was for the life that never could be.