Ch. 35

"Come on, 'Mione! You can finish doing homework tomorrow!"

She set her quill down and raised an eyebrow at the red head, ducking just in time to dodge a pillow that was tossed at her head. Ginny simply laughed, "We need to get to lunch!"

Standing up, Hermione shook her head and smiled slightly. "Alright, alright! I'm going!"

After quickly changing into some sweatpants and a sweatshirt, Hermione joined Ginny in the common room and they made their way down to the Great Hall.

"I'm so excited," Ginny said quickly, bouncing up and down as they jogged down the stairs.

Hermione smiled but Ginny could tell that something was off. "Everything alright, Hermione?"

"Hm?" She looked up and shook her head, forcing a smile. "Yeah! Just not awake yet."

Ginny eyed her suspiciously but didn't say anything else on the subject, instead keeping an eye on her friend throughout lunch. She noticed that Hermione kept casting quick glances to both the Slytherin table and the doors to the Great Hall, a slight frown on her face.

"Is it because you haven't heard from Draco at all?" Ginny asked quietly.

Hermione stared at her for a few moments before her shoulders dropped and she looked down at her plate. "Yeah...I was hoping to maybe apologize to him this morning for walking out of our argument, but he's not here."

Ginny looked back at the Slytherin table and scanned it. "Blaise isn't there either. Maybe they're still sleeping."

"They never sleep this late," Hermione said. Then she sighed. "They weren't at breakfast either...oh well. I guess I can try to find him tomorrow."

"Try not to think about it today," Ginny said with a small smile. "We're going to have a good time tonight, regardless of whether or not they are there."

"Do you think they will be?"

Ginny chewed on the inside of her cheek. She honestly wasn't sure if Draco and Blaise were going to be there; after all, they hadn't talked to either of the girls the entire week. Ginny was starting to lose hope that even if Harry agreed to break up, Blaise would be waiting for her.

"I hope so," Ginny said quietly. "But either way, you are my date tonight and I'm going to make sure that we both have fun tonight!"

Hermione grinned at that. "Thanks, Gin!"

Lunch soon finished and the girls made their way to the front of the Great Hall where they met up with Pansy. Pansy was extremely nervous, way more nervous than Hermione had ever seen her.

"Are you sure I can go into your common room?" She asked, looking at both girls.

"Harry and Ron went into your common room second year, I'm sure it's fine!" Hermione said quickly, taking Pansy's hand and dragging her out of the Great Hall.

"What?!"

Hermione laughed and explained what happened as they walked up to the Gryffindor room, and by the time they had reached the Fat Lady's portrait, Pansy was feeling a bit better.

"You'll have to tell me how it was being part cat one day," Pansy laughed.

"In a nutshell, it was very embarrassing," Hermione said, shaking her head.

Pansy immediately faltered as the door swung open, and she cautiously walked in after Hermione and Ginny. Much to her delight though, hardly anyone paid attention to them as they walked through the common room into their dorm.