Chapter 25 (Part 1)

Jennie wiped her tears that seem couldn't stop. She repeatedly ordered her brain to hamper her lacrimal system- it still didn't stop. It was embarrassing and annoying to cry and smile like an idiot at the same time.

She excused herself to the toilet not far from the cafeteria. She calmed down a bit and checked herself in the mirror. Her eyes and cheeks were red, she quickly fixed her makeup and huffed a breath.

She didn't hear the first statement of love directly from Lisa. She thought Lisa hated her, she almost believed it that they were over-done. She considered giving up for good, it'd hurt so much, but at least they wont hang up in some uncertainty anymore.

Now all was out from the oven.

"She's in love with me," she whispered in disbelief.

The fact was still baffled her. She wondered why it felt so good to hear that Lisa was actually in love with her from a group of gossipy nurses. Shouldn't she be mad because of it?

If it was just a bunch of coquettish girls who accidentally caused her to know about it already made her fly to the seventh sky, what would she became if Lisa straightly confessed to her? 

Die. 

Yeah, that probably will happen.

Suddenly, all the misery and loneliness vanished in an instant. She can't take it anymore, she had been patient for days and now keeping the silence for understanding won't do. She gathered all her stuff and stomped her way back to her table.

As if the universe finally gave her a favor, Lisa walked in into the cafeteria. She didn't go to queue to order some food. Instead, she stood by the vending machine and picked up a snack and a cup of coffee.

It was her third coffee for today, Jennie wouldn't be mistaken. She saw Lisa slurred up her morning coffee before she came to see her father at 08.13 a.m., she managed to get a glimpse of Lisa threw away the coffee's plastic cup when she visited her patient at 12.17 p.m. and now within two hours later she wanted to drink another coffee.

Jennie moved from her chair and marched her way towards Lisa.

The tall girl was going to pick up her coffee when a voice refrained her to do so.

"Don't," she said. "Too much coffee is not good for you." 

Lisa sighed. She ignored Jennie and took her coffee. 

The lawyer forcefully grabbed the cup and tossed it into the trash can. 

"Jennie, what the-" Lisa sent her a disapproving look. 

"You're coming home with me," she forcefully nudged Lisa's arm. 

"I have work to do!" Lisa hissed, not wanting to attract attention. 

"Yeah, like you can use your hand," she calmly replied. 

"Jennie, stop." Lisa yanked her arm. "What are you doing?!" She scowled.

"Either you come home with me or find us a place to talk," she spoke with an evident authority tone.

"I can't do this now," Lisa looked away.

"Then when can you? I'm not going to have more sleepless night and pathetically lying on your bed, holding your pillow, aching for you, hoping that you'd come home and finding it's just a wishful thinking the next day. I can't have the same box ice cream longer than three days in the fridge because you're not there to eat it. I don't want to watch sappy cheesy soap opera and not listening your endless criticized about it."