𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍; XXVI.

❝𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑮𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒚❞━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

 𝐄𝐔𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 feeling that she would get when she knew something bad was going to happen. It was better than the feeling of death though. Eurydice clenched her jaw as she watched the stare off happen. Nomads were not fun to deal with as far as Eurydice could see. They did not seem very predictable, well at the moment at least. The brunette's steel blue eyes studied the nomads closely, mainly their act and their posture. It could say a lot about a person's next move. That was one thing Eurydice had learned in her many years of being a demigod. She stayed as quiet as she could and held the charms on her bracelet making sure she made no noise, even if she couldn't be seen that did not mean that they could not hear her.

"Oh come on. Just one game." Laurent was quick to add after his previous comment.

Carlisle sighed as he thought before answering, "I suppose one game won't hurt. A few of us were leaving, you can take their place. We'll bat first." Carlisle threw the ball back to Laurent but Victoria caught it.

"I'm the one with a wicked curveball." Victoria smirked deviously, Eurydice liked her even though she wasn't supposed to.

"Oh well I think we can handle that." Jasper spoke with a small smirk and yet again Eurydice fell for his accent.

"Ohh!" Laurent grinned as everyone laughed before the wind caught some of Bella's hair and James caught Bella's scent and attempting to help, Eurydice poked her finger making her bleed in the shadows.

"You've brought a snack..or two." James immediately went to turn to Bella before narrowing his eyes where he smelt Eurydice's scent from.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍 clan immediately started hissing and growling like animals going to protect the girls. Everyone goes into protective mode to protect Bella and Eurydice despite the girl still being out of their eyesight.

"Humans?" Laurent's voice broke through the chaos.

Carlisle stood strong and attempted to hide Eurydice's existence, "The girl is with us. I think it best if you leave."

A wave of silence took over before it was broken. "I see we are not welcome here and the game is over." Laurent finally spoke once more. "We'll go now..James." He got the blonde to pull back.

As they walked away from the group back into the woods Carlisle spoke, "Get Bella out of here. Go." Carlisle pushed Edward and Bella.

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐃 the trees as her heart pounded. She may not have had the best time but she knew that didn't matter. It was the game that did, and winning the game at that. Eurydice watched as the others ran before she came out of the shadows and stood before Alice and Jasper who immediately looked at her.

"Get her to safety." Eurydice said sternly as she looked between her two lovers, despite hating the Swan female she wasn't letting her die.

"We will. Don't venture on your own." Alice's voice was soft.

Jasper kissed her head. "Stay with us. He has your scent and we aren't taking any risks."

"I will. I'm shadow traveling to your home. I will see you there." Eurydice didn't wait for another word before she shadow traveled to the Cullen home and ran a hand through her hair as she noticed Newt who's eyes were trained on her finger which he noticed had some blood on it. "As much as I hate the girl I wasn't letting her get ratted out." Eurydice said simply.

"Eurydice what did you do?" Newt questioned as his eyes widened.

"Nomads. I tried to cover for Isabella but we both are now in it to win it." Eurydice stated as she heard the door open as the Cullen's raced in.

"Eurydice, that wasn't a smart move." Rosalie stated as she grabbed the girl's shoulders.

Eurydice hid her panic, "I know but I wasn't letting her go down alone."

"You hate her just as much as Rose," Emmett spoke slightly confused.

𝐍𝐎 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐈𝐃 another word as they started preparing a way to get Bella out safe while Alice and Jasper had already made a plan that Eurydice would go with them, James knew her scent but not her looks. Jasper's shirt had masked some of her scent despite it already being very faint but when she pricked her finger it became noticeable. Eurydice spaced out as she stared at the darkness before registering that her body was in fact being moved and blinked back into it before being shoved into a vehicle.

"Alice, can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" She heard Edward say before Jasper climbed into the seat in front of her.

"What did I miss?" Eurydice questioned as she rubbed her eyes.

Alice looked back at her as she sat in the driver's seat. "A lot honey. We'll explain later. Get some rest, this will be a long ride." She spoke as Bella entered the car.

"Okay.." Eurydice looked out the window of the car and waved at her brother who gave her a small smile as they drove off.

━━✶━━

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐍 a bit before the couple and Bella reached Phoenix. Eurydice stayed close to her two mates as she listened to every word that came out of Alice's mouth. Eurydice gripped both of her mates hands as she stood waiting for them to check in a room. Well, the baseball game didn't go as planned but they had a new game to play. One that was deadly but after all, what's life without a big risk? Once they were checked in the four made their way into their hotel room. Bella wouldn't stop worrying or shut up, not that Eurydice could blame her on the worrying part. The brunette rubbed her eyes as she listened to the endless chatter while she was given more context on what was happening and what they were doing. Some of the Cullen's were leading the tracker away, or so they hoped. 

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━