𝚘𝚗𝚎.

for edye, being new to cali was hell

for edye, being new to cali was hell. just like being new to new york, maryland, texas, and nebraska was. she was tired of moving everywhere and she hoped this time it would be different.

it was just her and her dad now in cali. no mom, no siblings — that she kept in touch with — she only had her puppy. her dad was a businessman so he was always busy and always making them move. also making them complete opposites. edye wanted nothing to do with the whole business stuff.

their new home in cali wasn't that bad. there was plenty of room to say it was just the two of them. or to say he was never home. like now. edye sat on the front steps of her new house playing with her husky named ziggy. she named him that when she noticed he would zig zag his way from one thing to another.

it was the beginning of summer so she probably wouldn't know anyone until school starts back. she also didn't have many friends to call or text, after she moves she can never bring herself to stay in touch with them.

edye was starting to get bored so she grabbed her skateboard from her room and started to skate around the driveway. she'd make a mental note to find the skatepark later.

it was then she heard a car full of girls pull up next door and she saw a girl her age step out. the girl grabbed her things, waving bye to her friends and walking up to the front door before doing a double take at edye.

"oh hey, you must be my new neighbor?"

"yeah i guess so." edye nodded, coming to a stop on her board.

"i'm estee." estee held her hand out towards edye who was hesitant at first. she wasn't used to people being friendly with her.

she took estee's hand and simply said, "edye."

"woah that's cool, our name's are kinda similar." estee smiled and edye nodded not knowing what to say. estee noticed this. "so you're a skater, huh?"

"something like that."

"well i'm having a party tomorrow night, you should definitely come. you might meet some new people." she hinted at all her skater friends.

"oh i'm not really the party type.." edye trailed off. parties and her never really clicked. they were straight up boring to her.

"it's not what you think. it's just friends and we all chill around. nothing extraordinary, you'll fit right in."estee assured her.

edye nodded. she kinda had nothing else to do. "maybe, i'll think about it."

"of course," she smiled before making her way back to her house. "i'll see you around edye."

"yeah, see you." and with that edye continued to skate in her driveway.