Chapter 5: Where am I?

Chapter 5

I felt my senses coming back to me.

I was laying on something soft but my head felt like I had been hit with a hammer multiple times.

If that wasn't bad enough I could hear the annoying voices of people talking around me. I tried opening my eyes but the damn thing wouldn't budge.

"I told you to knock her out, not put her in a coma!" A male voice shouted. It was familiar and angry.

"Well you didn't quite give me specifics. Plus the doctor said she'll be fine, just give her a couple of hours." Another male voice answered but in a slightly fearful tone.

I was scared of the first guy and the anger wasn't even directed at me.

"A couple of hours? I swear to God, if she doesn't wake up I'm going to rip your throat out!" The familiar voice shouted, boiling with anger.

"Just calm down-" The other guy started but was interrupted by the familiar one.

"Calm down? I can't calm down! My mate isn't waking up because of you!" He shouted.

Mate? 

What did he think I was his friend? His mate?

"Look." The guy told the angry one.

"What?" The familiar guy said harshly.

"She's waking up." The other guy said as my hand started to twitch.

"Leave." The familiar guy growled.

I heard a door open and closed and then I felt a presence beside me. The heat radiated off of him and his scent filled my nose.

I had no idea who this person was.

"Emery, please wake up." He begged.

Then everything hit me like a wrecking ball. Everything from the beast to going unconscious to meeting Thane and then him taking me back home.

Except he didn't take me home, he knocked me out.

My eyes flew open and I was staring into warm brown eyes.

"Emery." He said taking my hand in his.

I didn't reply, I only removed my hand from his and sat up.

"Where am I?" I asked gently.

"Safe I swear." He said moving closer to me.

"I asked where am I?" I screamed at him, letting all my anger pour out.

"You're in my house." He said.

"No shit sherlock. I meant as in, why am I not in my house, why are you still here with me?" I asked.

"Emery, it's a long story but you have to trust me." He said moving closer to me.

"Don't you dare touch me." I said with anger lacing my voice when he was an inch away from me.

He held a hurt expression but I didn't care, this guy was psychotic. He kidnapped me for crying out loud.

"Let me explain." He said moving back.

"Oh trust me you have a lot of explaining to do. Why not start with why the hell did you kidnap me?" I asked.

"I will explain but you aren't in the best mental state right now." He said.

"My mental state? You're the one that kidnapped me!" I said exasperated.

"I didn't kidnap you," he said tiredly.