Chapter 6: Out of The Woods

Chapter 6

Thane walked ahead of me into the forest. I was a bit weary at first but I needed my answers so I followed behind him. He was angry, I could practically see it radiating off him but at the moment I didn't care. Not knowing if I was going to get my answers or my impending death, we walked for what seemed like miles.

"So you're not much of a talker are you?" I asked to break the eerie silence.

Thane seemed to cool down a bit but he was a bit of a hot head. He ignored me like I thought he would so I continued to pester him.

While we were walking, I gathered a few pebbles and began throwing them at his back. He didn't bother at first but about a few minutes later he finally turned back at me.

"You do realize that is not causing me pain right?" He rhetorically asked.

"Damn it." I muttered under my breath, but his hearing seems to be impeccable as he turned to me with a glare.

I gave him a sheepish smile and when he turned back to the trail I rolled my eyes at him.

Not giving up on my scheming I found a stick and did what I do best. Annoy the crap out of people and in this case that person was Thane Blackwood.

I began poking him all over, from his side to his back and his arm. When I went to poke his face however, he finally snapped.

He grabbed the stick and broke it in half. "That's enough!" He shouted.

"Okay then." I said timidly, afraid of his sudden outburst. I backed away slowly but he started to approach me.

I retreated back until I hit a tree. Thane took this opportunity to trap me between his arms.

"I thought these things only happen in movies..."I stuttered out because of his close proximity.

He ignored my comment and said, "You're really annoying you know that."

"My mission was a success then." I said staring into his beautiful eyes.

"Oh so you were trying to get my attention huh?" He said amused by my antics.

"There's a much differentiated meaning between seeking attention and annoying someone." I pointed out.

"Now there darling is where you're wrong. Why don't you just admit it, you feel something for me." He said with an arrogant smirk.

"You're right." I said and his smirk widened. "I strongly hate you." Now it was my turn to smirk.

He let out an animalistic growl and bared his teeth at me. "Now you really don't mean that now do you." He stated more than asked.

"I'm not scared of you." I lied to him.

"Oh you're not?" He asked in a mocking tone.

Maybe I should be, I thought. However I wasn't about to admit that and instead said, "No, I'm not. I was nearly killed by a beast so a man with sharp teeth doesn't scare me."

"Well you never know, I could more than be your beast." He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Yeah....no." I said seriously. "Never in my lifetime can I imagine you as a beast. The thought itself amuses me really. However I could imagine you as an animal, more of a raccoon of some sort." I replied with a grin.

"You should watch your mouth sweetheart, you could be lying to yourself." He replied.

"One, don't call me that and two the beast is a dog not a man so don't sell yourself short." I shot him a wink.