Chapter 4

A.N: In this story, I will be portraying Artemis as a more understanding person than in some of the other stories I have read. She will dislike most males, but she knows when one deserves respect.

Artemis POV (2 years later):

I dunked my head into the cold water of the Tiber River, cleaning myself after a long day. Life without the hunters was hard, but I managed. Barely. I still remembered all of the memories that I created with them and all of the times that we pranked each other. I wish I was back there now. After the war, every day became miserable. There was no joy left without anybody to share it with. I spent a lot of my time mourning the death of my hunters and reminiscing old memories.

Perseus had been missing for 2 years and everybody on the council was starting to get worried, even Zeus, who was too stubborn to admit it. The only person who seemed normal was Poseidon, which was strange because he should be the one that is the most distraught. It was like Perseus had just disappeared. Hades had not felt his presence in the Underworld so that meant he wasn't dead and that he had to be somewhere on the surface.

I had spent the last couple of weeks at Camp Halfblood because Chiron said that they needed somebody to help train the demigods. Normally Perseus would take on this job, but obviously that was not the case anymore. I hated teaching those stupid boys. All they did was fool around and pretend that they were some famous warrior that deserved all the glory in the world. I can assure you that none of them even come close to what Perseus has achieved.

He had grown on me in during the time I had known him. He was so humble and loyal to his friends, never bragging about his achievements. He was not like most other males and I had come to realize this after he had disappeared. I felt slightly guilty for judging him so harshly without even knowing what type of person he would turn out to be. I had been tempted to go on a solo hunt to search for the lost hero, but there was too much that needed to be done on Olympus. Repairs were still ongoing from the war as most of the mountain had been destroyed. I also had to make sure that no stray monsters were roaming the area in case there were some that may endanger the demigods.

As I dried myself off, I looked across the water and saw the most beautiful buck I had ever seen. It was large, and looked like it was well fed, but it wasn't fat like many of the others that I had seen the other day. Slowly standing up, I drew my bow and prepared to fire, killing the animal with a single arrow, but it must have heard something and it darted off.

I chased after it, hoping that I wouldn't lose track of it in the thick trees and leaves. It bolted through the forest at incredible speeds that even I had trouble keeping up. Finally, it stopped in a clearing where it started grazing in the long grass under it's feet. I got ready to fire my arrow again, when a dark flash whizzed past my head and imbedded itself in the heart of the buck.

I whirled around, searching for whoever dared steal my kill. My eyes set on a hooded figure, about six feet tall with lean muscles and a beautiful longbow slung over his shoulder. He noticed me and quickly bowed,"Hello, Lady Artemis."

"How dare you steal my kill! I should shoot an arrow through your heart this instant!", she screamed as she aimed her bow at his chest.

"I'm so sorry, I did not know that you were going for the same buck that I was. You can take the carcass if that is what you wish," He nervously replied.

"Take off your hood and let me see your face. Or are you another male coward that is too scared to face the world," I taunted. I was furious that anybody would take my buck, let alone a man.

"I'm sorry, I can't do that. My identity must remain a secret or else it will cause chaos on Olympus. Many of the gods dislike me and would do anything to try and kill me," He turned and sprinted into back into the trees, trying to escape.

I pursued him and shot an arrow at his back, catching him in the shoulder. He barely flinched and grabbed the arrow, yanking it out and throwing it behind him. As he jumped up into a tree, a branch snagged to edge of his hood and causing it to fall off his head. I caught sight of black wavy hair, before he pulled away and ran even faster. I flashed in front of him, blocking his escape.

"You have nowhere to go. Might as well gi-," she said before gasping, "Perseus?"

He said,"Hello Milady, Goodbye." before he dissolved into mist and escaped from my clutches.

I was shocked. After two years, and all this searching, I had finally found him, only to lose him again so easily. I let out a scream of rage and frustration as I realized that he is the first male to ever escape me. Surprisingly, I felt happy that he was still alive and well. It reassured me that the best male to ever live was still alive. I didn't know when the next time I would see him was though. He had managed to stay hidden for over 2 years, so how much longer could he stay that was. No matter how hard I searched, I knew it would be almost impossible to find him again. He would have to reveal himself on his own terms. I didn't think he was ready to do that, but maybe, just maybe I could convince him.

I would find him. I swore it on the Styx

(End of Chapter 4)

the guy that loves all gunpla: Thank you so much it means a lot to me! I haven't written very many stories in the past and it feels good to get a compliment like that.

A.N: Another chapter finished! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the book so far. This is one of my first stories so I would really appreciate it if you guys review and tell me what I could do better. If you want to flame, then by all means go ahead, although I hope my story is good enough not to get flamed. Feel free to P.M me as well. I will definitely respond to any that you guys send me.