Chapter 6

A.N: Thank you guys so much for 1,500 views in four days! I can't believe my story is getting so many views. I hope you guys are enjoying it so far and I promise I'll be trying to improve the story as it moves along.

Percy POV:

I turned away, as a bright flash erupted in the middle of the group of hellhounds. I could just make out the figure of a woman standing in the light.

She drew back an arrow and fired it at the remaining hellhound, instantly killing hit. I spun around and held my sword out in case she decided to try and kill me.

"Where have you been these past 2 years?! Everybody has been worried sick about you and you're just have a merry time slaughtering monsters in the middle of the forest," She yelled. She hated to admit it, but she was slightly impressed that he had managed to stay out of the god's sight for so long. It was almost impossible to stay hidden when pretty much every god and goddess was looking out for him, ready to report him to Olympus.

I realized who it was. "I'm sorry, Lady Artemis. These past couple of years have been hard for me. I still haven't quite recovered from the war yet and I don't know if I'm ready to face the world again," I replied.

Her face softened for some reason and her eyes seemed to cool down from the originally fiery hot glare that she had been sending his way. She stowed away her bow leaned her back against a tree. At least I didn't have that thing pointed at me anymore. It was starting to make me a little nervous.

"Well, I think that it's time you make your appearance again. The rest of the council has been searching everywhere for you and they now understand that you are an important part of Olympus," she said.

"What about you? What did you think?" I asked. I knew that this was risky and I could end up with one less limb by the end of this, but I really wanted to know for some reason. I don't know why it mattered to me though. It shouldn't matter what she thought of me.

"Me? Pffft! I down care either way if you come back or not," she replied indignantly.

I guess I should have expected that answer. I was just happy that she hadn't gotten pissed at me for asking such a question.

I made a decision,"Fine, I will come to Olympus with you. I guess it has been more than a long time since the last time I saw anybody other than a select few."

She walked forward and grabbed my shoulder roughly, and a queasy feeling spread throughout my stomach. The moment the world stopped spinning, I kneeled on the floor and threw up my lunch. I'm never going to travel with a god ever again.

As I looked up from the ground, I realized that I was in the throne room, with all the gods watching me in disbelief. Artemis just smirked at my condition, walked over to her throne and sat down.

The Olympians looked shocked to see me after two years.

"Perseus? What are you doing here? And where have you been for the past 2 years?", asked Apollo.

"I'm sorry, I have been on my own in the wild, trying to get over the war and what it did to me. I'm still haunted by nightmares of that day," I said sadly. The gods seemed to understand and some even had looks of sympathy on their faces. None of them would ever know what I went through though. They were gods, they healed faster mentally than any mortal and they were not plagued day after day by the guilt of letting their friends and family die. None of them would truly understand.

"The only people who knew where I was, were my father and Athena," I added. Athena and Poseidon nodded their heads in confirmation.

"You knew where he was and you didn't even tell me?! I am your king and you answer to me. You should be punished for your insolence!" Zeus spat angrily. He had the biggest head of all the gods. His head was literally in the sky (pun intended) and he thought that he had absolute control over every single god. Nobody liked Zeus, and many constantly though about overthrowing him, but were too scared of the repercussions.