Chapter 7

A.N: I feel like this chapter was a little bit worse than ideal, but I hope that it is bearable to read. I promise that I'll do better in the next chapter. I'm still trying to figure out how to progress with Percy and Artemis' relationship.

(In the Depths of Tartarus)

The cloaked figure kneeled in front of him and waited for orders.

The foolish gods could not rule the world properly. They needed be thrown out of their position of power. He had the perfect man for the job.

"I need you to assassinate that so called hero Perseus Jackson. He has been a thorn in my side for far too long. I need to make sure he stays out of my way," He growled.

"Of course, Master. It will be done. Perseus Jackson will be dead by the end of the week, I can assure you of that," the cloaked figure bowed as he replied," is there anything else that you wish of me, Master?"

"That will be all. Do not fail me," He said. The agent bowed and disappeared into the shadows.

The Olympians were weak and with his power, he could easily overthrow them. The only thing that was holding them back was that stupid hero Perseus Jackson. He was not a normal demigod and something seemed off about his power. It was as if there was a block on the true volume of his strength. No matter though, his assassin had never failed a mission and he wasn't about to start now.

Once Olympus was a pile of ashes, and the heavens came crashing to the ground, he would personally travel to the Underworld and show that hero Perseus Jackson just how powerless he was to save the world. He would relish the look of pain and anguish on his face.

Olympus will fall, he would see to it.

Percy POV:

I hated this training. I couldn't shoot the bow straight no matter what I tried. I can't believe Artemis was making me master archery before I could end this stupid training and become the Guardian of Olympus. While I'm going through this useless training, there was probably a young demigod being attacked by monsters right now. I should be there to help them, but because I'm stuck here.

Every day followed the same regimen. Get up, eat breakfast, go to the arena, train, train, train, go home, shower, go to bed. The days soon became repetitive and boring. It almost felt like I was a robot, programmed to do the same thing over and over again.

My "trainer" was not helping either. Every time I did something wrong that she didn't like, she would insult me and ramble on about how incompetent men were. Frankly, I was tired of all the screaming. I didn't want to be rude to a goddess, but she needed to know that I am not like most other men. One training session, while she was on another rant about how idiotic I was and I snapped.

"CAN YOU JUST BE QUIET! ALL YOU EVER DO IS INSULT ME AND TELL ME ALL ABOUT MY PROBLEMS! I'M TRYING MY BEST TO COOPERATE WITH YOU, BUT IT'S, NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE WHEN YOU'RE CONSTANTLY SCREAMING AT ME! I JUST WANT TO LEARN HOW TO SHOOT THIS ****ING BOW AND GET OUT OF HERE!" I yelled, cutting her off.

She looked at me in disbelief and something that looked suspiciously close to guilt. I could tell that she did not expect me to even think about talking back to her in fear of being hurt or killed.

"Look, I'm sorry for yelling, but I'm just sick and tired of all your prejudice. At least give me a chance and if you decide that I'm just like every male out there, then you can yell and scream at me all you want. Heck, you can even kill me if you want. I know that's what you wanted all along," I said calming down a bit. She seemed to realize what I had just said and had let it sink in.

"No, I should be the one to apologize. You've done everything I've said and not complained even once. It was unfair of me to say the things I said about you. And no, I have never wanted to kill you. Sometimes, I just lose my patience," She said through gritted teeth (As I said earlier, Artemis will be a little more reasonable in this story than most). I could tell that it was extremely hard for her to apologize and she took a blow to her pride by saying that. I was grateful for the fact that she went through all that trouble just to tell that she was sorry.