Chapter 29

Chapter 29

*short chapter ahead*

Iris Parker

I wish the ground would just swallow me whole.

Nanay Grace had been scolding both Liam and I for the past half an hour now about how we were wet from the rain and how we didn't change yet. But before she started her sermon, she made Liam and I take a shower first. Separately, of course.

We were at the kitchen as she served us hot tea to warm us up. Most of the time, Liam and I both kept our heads down, but occasionally, when our eyes met, we sneaked a giggle. I felt like we were some high school kids caught in a date or something.

"You're not kids anymore, what were you thinking going out in the rain like that. What, you think we're some kind of movie?" she said again, putting cookies in front of us.

Although she was getting all riled up, I know it's because she cared for us. She reminds me of my mom, that's why I love her so much.

"I'm happy that you're getting alone, but take care of yourselves! It's hard to get sick, you know. A cold may be just a cold, but it can turn into worse--"

Finally, Liam stood up, walking towards nanay Grace.

"'Nay," he says in a foreign accent "kalma lang." [Tr: Calm down]

I couldn't help but raise an eyebrow. I knew he understood and spoke little Filipino, but whenever I heard him try to speak it, even I could notice how heavily unnatural the words rolled off his tongue. He shot me a glare to which I giggled to.

However, the charm seemed to work since nanay Grace fixed her eyeglasses and sighed.

"We're not going to die from the rain. Besides," he stops and looks at me before whispering something into her ears. This time, it was my turn to send him a questioning glare, but he kept whispering something to her.

The lovely lady smiled all of a sudden as her eyes met mine. I could see her dark brown eyes glistening mischievously. Why does that make me feel uneasy?

When Liam stepped away from her, she cleared her throat and nodded. "O-okay, then. Well, I hope you two learned your lesson. It's already late, so I'll go sleep now." she says and starts walking out of the kitchen. But before she could completely disappear, she turned to us again. "Don't stay up too late." she says with a smile and leaves and Liam laughs.

I squinted my eyes at him as I tried to figure out what he told her to actually make her stop scolding us and sending her out. When she starts her sermons, at minimum, she would tell us off for an hour.

He walked around the counter and stood in front of me. He put his hands at both sides of the chair handles, completely blocking both of my sides. Then, he leans closer to me as he stared at me.

I loved looking into his eyes, the clearness of it is so refreshing and relaxing. Plus, when he looked at me like that, it made me feel all jittery or whatever.

However, right now, he was testing me. Probably wants to know how long I can stand staring at him back without crumbling, but he's wrong. I won't be the first one to give in this time.

"How 'bout we pick up where we left off earlier?" he suggested and I can't help but laugh.

"I didn't know we were into something, earlier." It was his turn to laugh now.

I always felt like whenever he smiled, his eyes smiled too. If that ever makes sense. Somehow, it does.

"Ah, look at you, playing with fire."

A grin was still plastered on my face. He stepped back, rubbing the back of his neck, a sullen look on his face.

I won.

"I really don't know what you're talking about." I joked, taking a sip of my tea while silently laughing. But he didn't say anything afterward he just... walked away?

How petty, did he really leave? I waited for a few minutes to see if he'd come back but there were no signs of him.

I got up from my chair and starting looking for him.

"Liam? Where are you?" I ask as I walked out the kitchen and towards the living room.

However, I saw him climbing the last staircase and turned left. He was going towards our bedroom.

I huffed air and rolled my eyes. Did he really get upset?

I hurried up the grand staircase and turned to the left. Before entering the room, I took a sigh first and briefly rehearsed an apology in my head.

I turned the handle of the door and opened it. As I stepped inside, immediately, I was pinned into the wall.

It definitely scared me for a while, but when I saw the mischievous look in Liam's eyes, I understood that I had just fallen into his plan.

I lost.

"You shouldn't play with fire, Iris. You might get burned." he warns before pressing his lips into mine.

It all happened so fast so I took a moment to register what was happening.

I smiled through the kiss and put my arms around his neck and kissed him back. At first, it was a playful kiss, but soon, it turned into something deeper. A passionate one that held so much meaning in it.

His hands worked their way under my shirt and before I knew it, I was topless and we were close to the bed.

I closed my eyes and lived in the moment. In his kisses, in his touch, I know he understood what I wanted to say. And I understand, too. The words he must want to tell me too.

We both loved each other deeply.

——-

Heeeeyyy! I was supposed to publish yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Anyways, updates will be every Friday from now on.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share!