Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Iris Parker

Liam was still sleeping when I woke up and I profited of that time to stare at him. My heart was beating heavily just looking at him and remembering what happened last night. I knew I was blushing because I could feel my cheeks warming up. 

At the same time, a smile graced my lips. It makes me wonder how I was able to resist him after all these months, no, damn. How could I keep myself away for 5 whole years? 

Well, all that is in the past now. No point in going back, all we have now is the future. 

I rested my head right under his to get closer, but I instantly regretted that because he started stirring up. I took a peak upward to see if I woke him up and sure enough, he opened his eyes. For a moment, his eyes searched for me and when he found me, he instantly smiled. 

His arm wrapped around me and brought me closer. "Go back to sleep." he said groggily and I chuckled lightly. I tried to get up to look for the time, but I was instantly pulled back down. That made me laugh harder. 

I looked up to him and smiled. I wish this could last forever. 

"What's with that smile?" he asked wearily and planted a kiss on my forehead. 

"I haven't told you what I wanted to say yet, you know." I reminded him. He raised an eyebrow and thought for a while. 

"I thought we made that clear already. Last night." he said and smiled teasingly. 

Ugh, this guy. I mentally facepalmed myself and shook my head. Can I please punch him? 

"But I want to say it." I retorted back which made him smile more. He nodded, telling me to fire away. "Honestly, I thought I made the right decisions. To stay away from you because it just seemed to be the right decision. You hurt me and my family badly, and yes, you're a big jerk for that. You caused us a lot of problem that's why even after everything I hated myself." I paused, slightly getting up to look at him more. 

He listened patiently while his hold kept me close to him. "I hated myself because even after all that, I still had that small trust in you. I hated myself even more because I knew that I would always love you." I confessed. The smile on his face widened and his arm pushed me closer to him while he lifted his face to kiss me. And although that was a lovely act, I had to push him away. 

"I'm not done talking, thank you." I said, acting as if I was annoyed only to burst out laughing. "Of course it was hard. It was hard to accept that I still felt that way even when knowing that you only thought of me as an asset to get more influence. I felt like I was betraying my family and my very own self. 

The real reason why I left wasn't because I couldn't handle everything that was happening around me, the real reason was because I couldn't trust myself. Because if only you asked, I would have forgiven you easily. And I couldn't do that to my dad nor to my mom. And I couldn't do that to myself. 

So I made myself hate you and it worked. But it was too much." I giggled, but tears were forming. "I made myself I hate you and in the process, I became blinded by it. I made decisions that hurt not only me or you, but Jace, Jacob and Jamie. The ones I promised I would never hurt. And seeing you after all these years, I hated you more because you easily broke the walls I've been so desperately building. 

Everyone started explaining me all sorts of reason as to why you did what you did and I refused to believe it. No, rather than believing their words, although they're true, I didn't really care. All I cared about was that you hurt me and I was determined to never let that happen again. But, Liam. The more I stayed away from you, the more I was getting pulled into you. And it didn't help that everyone around me keeps telling me to give you a chance. I mean, they're crazy, right. Why should I give you a chance? You're a bastard." I teased. 

"Yet, you're here. With this bastard." he reminded me, making both of us laugh. 

I nodded and laid back down. "Well, I guess it's needless to say that I took a shot at their advices." 

He hovered me and moved his face closer to mine. 

"And I'll make sure, you won't ever regret it. I think you're forgetting something." 

I squinted my eyes at him and thought for a while. "What is it?" 

He smiled knowingly. 

"I, Liam Parker, take thee, Iris Williams, to be my lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part." 

When he ended, a drop of tear dropped from the corner of my eye. 

"I have every intention to keep that promise I made on that altar, you know?" he said and laid beside me. "And plus, I think God would punish me if I don't keep it." he joked. Needless to say, that earned a hit from me. 

"I must say, Liam Parker. For someone who's supposed to be cold and tough, you're a sweet-talker." 

We both laughed and I inched closer to him. For a while, we just laid there, holding each other and a relieved sigh escaped my lips. 

For real, this time. Slowly, the tight grasp of the past on our relationship is loosening. Slowly, we're letting go of the things that hurt us. We're really moving on and we'll be together each step of the way. No remorse, no grudge left. 

Then, a thought came to me. 

"By the way, what did you tell nanay Grace last night?" 

He smiled playfully and chuckled quietly to himself. 

"Well, I only told her that if she wanted to see a granddaughter, she should go to sleep." 

I let his words register inside my head before I felt the embarrassment. Blood rushed to my cheeks and I took a pillow, throwing it at him. 

"Liam!"