39- Wasting Away

╔═══════════════╗

AUBREY Bennet-Holly watched from a distance as her daughter leaned towards the raven haired boy for a second time.

She couldn't stop the happy tears that filled her bright hazel eyes as she ducked behind a tree to remain out of sight. It had been incredibly difficult to get to Hogwarts that was for sure, but given the opportunity to see one of her three children in person one last time was too tempting for Aubrey to resist.

Liana had grown up to be the most kind hearted and fiery girl that Aubrey could've hoped for. Liana had the spark and life her father had, although Aubrey couldn't help but be glad Liana hadn't inherited his condition despite the fact Liana had been gifted her own condition of sorts.

Harry was everything and more James and Lily wanted him to be. Harry was sweet and bashful in many ways, but he was also respectful and loyal till the end. It made Aubrey's stomach fuzzy with delight to see her daughter with Harry, both so wrapped up in their feelings and their ethereal moment that neither had even spotted her.

Aubrey smiled softly as she saw Liana's long fingers graze Harry's cheek and travel to his neck where they rested, her head tilted as she leant into the gentle kiss. Liana's red curly hair lifting gently in the blowing breeze and their bodies pressed close together, trapping the air between them.

It was a beautiful thing really, for Aubrey to see her youngest daughter one last time in such a happy manner. She had seen Liana rising above the chaos from this year, helping lift up her friends and whatever you could label Harry as now.

"Oh my darling, I'm so proud-" Aubrey whispered longingly under her breath and couldn't help the bitter look that came over her features now. She wanted to stride over to her daughter and pull her into such a tight hug that she could simply hold her forever in her arms. But it wasn't possible.

Aubrey knew she would have equally terrified her daughter with her frightful appearance as much as anything else, her skin the colour of a lead sky, her figure ghostly thin and skeletal. If a onlooker saw her they would notice how the edges of her body were almost faded, like the very woman herself was blending into the background, becoming less of a being. It simply looked as if Aubrey Bennet-Holly was wasting away.

Aubrey turned away from Liana to face the setting sun now, the bright yellows and light pinks shading the horizon like water colour paints running into each other. She took a great heaving breath, her chest shuddering slightly with the overcoming emotions, but Aubrey was not one to be selfish when her kids were involved.

She knew better than to try and stay. After all, she had dedicated her entire life since the moment she had given birth to Christina to ensure that whatever happened to herself and Leonard, that no harm would befall her children. Especially Liana.

Instead she closed her eyes, her wispy brown lashes resting upon her sunken eyes, she lifted her arms slightly as if opening them up to hug the sky above her. She knew she would see Liana again when she needed to, but she only hoped that day would never come, she had done too much to try and save her children, to shelter them from the dangers that were coming. But there was only so much Aubrey could do, and still so much that Liana did not know. So much that was coming.

But until then Aubrey allowed her body to drift away, wanting to tell Lily and James all she could about their son.

╚═══════════════╝

AN
SURPRISE
Thoughts on this chapter? I'm not too sure on it, but it's a very important chapter! ->

This is just a little taster of what's coming in the fifth book and let me say there will be a lot of tension, tears and emotions, but that's my favourite kind of writing. I also wanted to ask out of curiosity, does anyone have any ideas of little scenes they would like in the order of the phoenix? 

Also this is a big question right here that's going to determine how this story ends so think about your answer!
Do you prefer reading long or short stories?

Xoxo

Edited: 19/4/19
Re-edited: 20/8/19

Edited: 19/4/19Re-edited: 20/8/19