twenty

R Y D E R ' S P O V

I woke up to the chirping of birds, the distant splash of the waterfall and the bright sunlight shining in my eyes.

I rolled over expecting to find a small warm body peacefully sleeping right beside me but I was left with an empty bed.

I popped my eyes open as I got scared that I was squashing her, well she is only small and she hardly eats so I could have easily rolled over and suffocated the poor girl.

I frantically looked around in the bed with hazy vision as I had only just woken up. Still no Flo.

I sat up and stretched looking around the small cabin. It felt like yesterday when Grayson, Tyler and I had found the clearing and built the cabin.

It was weird being here after so many years of trying to forget it. It was filled with so many memories, memories I tried so hard to erase from my brain, but I couldn't.

So that's why I bought Flo here, she makes me feel strong and I hate to say it but soft.

I'm a gang leader for crying out loud, I'm not supposed to be soft, I've killed many people, slept with numerous girls and taken a whole heap of drugs through the very few years I've been leader of The Forestview Vipers.

It's so hard not to be soft around her though, she's just so innocent and pure. Not a bad bone in her body, she couldn't even hurt a fly even if she wanted to.

But I can tell she hasn't had the best life, I've seen some of the scares that litter her body and I've also noticed how little she eats but she's gotten a lot better since I found her on that park bench freezing with ripped, dirty clothes on.

I walked out of the cabin and looked around even more, still she wasn't anywhere. Then I remembered how much she loved the waterfall.

Who wouldn't? It was a gorgeous masterpiece but nothing could compare to Flo.

Just as I expected Flo was happily frolicking in the crystal clear water. She looked so peaceful and angelic. Like she didn't have a care in the world, like she was in her own little world.

I stripped off my jumper and sweatpants leaving me in nothing but my black boxers. I silently crept into the water managing to somehow not grab her attention, I swam up behind her and grabbed her by the waist and pulling her into me.

"Ryder!" She said letting out a little squeal.

"Yes my flower." I whispered into her ear, spinning her around slowly making her face me.

"Don't do that!" She laughed smacking me in the chest.

"Ouch, your such a bully." I said pouting and putting a hand on my chest faking hurt.

"Your such a baby." She said rolling her eyes, not realising how cute she made it look.

"I'm your baby." I winked smoothly as she splashed me with some water.

"Hey I have something to show you." I smiled remembering something that Grayson, Tyler and I had done when we first discovered the waterfall.

"Okay, what is it?" She asked me.

"Do you trust me?" I asked her with a smirk.

"I think so." She said hesitantly.

"Great." I said excitedly.

I picked her up like the princess she is and I carried her over towards the waterfall, she wrapped her arms around my neck and tucked her head into my chest as I went through the waterfall and placed her onto the ledge.