LXVII

I have gone beyond my years
I've wasted half my life
But I found it all in you
Did I save you?
'Cause I know you saved me too
~ Stone Sour, Song 3

"What do you want for your birthday?" I question as Erik and I sit on the back porch, enjoying each others company as we relax to the sound of the city.

"Nothing, I have everything here with you and the guys." He smiles at me before going back to his sketching.

He is really good at drawing, something I hadn't expected since he had so many other talents.

"You really are happy, aren't you?" I question as I watch him sketch away at a simple rose, but to me, it is the best rose in the world.

"I am, we are releasing our second album within the next few months, I have you, my cousin is getting better and we are going to Warped. The only thing I could for ask for is us touring with bands like Black Veil Brides or Bring Me the Horizon, but that will come with time. Right now, we are making our dreams come true." He squeezes my hand before placing a kiss on my forehead, "so, yes, I am happy. It's going to by my thirtieth birthday, I want to enjoy the little time we have before the band explodes into the music world."

"I'm proud of you, I knew once I listened to you guys that you would go places and I'm happy it is finally happening." I kiss his cheek before resting my head on his shoulder.

"Let's do something."

"Right now?" I question him as he grabs his phone off the table beside him, "it's a Tuesday night."

He doesn't answer as he texts away on his phone even though he can feel my eyes on him, "Erik?"

"Okay, we are good to go? Do you want to change or do you just want to go in what you are wearing?" He asks as he stands up and fixes his hoodie.

"Where are we going?"

"My buddy decided to draw me a tattoo up last week when we were hanging out and said he has a spot open right now if we want it. You don't have to get one, I just want you to be there. " He stuffs his hands into his pockets and looks down at the ground.

"Alright let's go." I push the blanket off of me and onto the couch, "I just need to grab my shoes."

The drive to the parlour is short and Erik seems more anxious than normal.

"Are you sure you have any more room for tattoos? I don't know if you noticed but you are covered in them head to toe." I comment as we enter the building.

Never in my life have I been in a tattoo parlour, even when I had my ears and belly button done.

It is tastefully decorated with a colour scheme of greys and whites. On the wall, different drawings are displayed and then behind the counter is a large picture frame full of premade tattoos you can pick from.

Leather couches are pressed against the wall where a couple is already seated.

"Hey Jenny, is Austin in?" Erik asks the lady behind the desk who is also decked out from head-to-toe in tattoos along with spacers in her ears.

"He should be in his room, you can just head back there now." Jenny smiles to me, "are you getting one sweetie?"

"Not sure yet," I say shyly, my usual confidence is gone.

It's like I'm back at their concerts feeling left out.

"It doesn't hurt that much, Erik can testify to that."

"I'm not taking his word for it, the dumbass has a tattoo on his face. By the number of tattoos, I'm going with this is a pleasure thing." Jenny laughs at me while Erik just gives me a slight push.

"Alright let's go, thanks, Jenny." Erik rolls his eyes at me, but still takes my hand to guide me to his friend's room, "you're gonna pay for that."

"I bet I will." I return his playful attitude but I know he's serious, "I thought I read somewhere you shouldn't do anything that will make you sweat a lot after getting a tattoo."

"Guess you are doing all the work." He smirks back at me.

Bugger.

"Erik and girl...friend?" Austin stands up and walks towards us from where he is sitting sketching.

"I'm Avril." I smile to him, I go to shake his hand and he pulls me in for a hug.

"No, need for the formalities, I know who you are. This guy doesn't shut up about you." Erik shoots Austin a look, but he seems to ignore it, "you are as pretty as Erik says you are. I love your eyes."

Instantly my cheeks blush at his words.

"What do you got for me?" Erik asks as he wraps his arms around me.

"Well I added something else to it, but if you don't like it I can always remove it since I have the original stencil." Austin grabs his iad from the desk pressed in the corner.

He hands the iad to us to look over.

Three letters are beautifully written, some of the best calligraphy I have ever seen.

Ray.

The circle in the 'a' is designed to look like a sun.

"I remember you telling me how much you like watching the sunrise with Avril, so I decided to add it in. If you don't like it, I can always take it out." Erik is quiet for a bit as he stares at the drawing.

"I like it, I got some room on my chest you can fit it into."

"Sounds good."

"So Avril, looking at getting anything done too?" Austin asks after getting started on Erik's newest tattoo.

"I'm not sure. I have never gotten a tattoo and I don't know what I would get." I watch as Austin carefully traces the stencil, on the edge of my seat all the time.

"Do you have any quotes or symbols you like? I always suggest starting small."

"There is a quote I really do like."

"Oh yeah?"

"Does that mean you are getting a tattoo?" Erik asks me with his arms folded behind his head, looking like it is a just a regular Tuesday night for him.

"Why the hell not?"

"That's the attitude."Austin laughs, "let me finish and then you and I can talk."

I nod my head and watch the rest of the tattoo, watching Erik's facial expressions. Looking for any signs of pain, but nothing.

"Do you like this?" Austin holds up the sketch for me after drawing it as Erik rubs my shoulders, "and you are sure about your collar bone?"

"Yes to both."

"Okay, I'm going to have you take off your hoodie and pull one arm out of your sports bra. Then just lie down and once you give me the go, we'll begin." I just nod my head and do what I'm told.

"You can hold my hand if that will make you feel better." Erik takes the chair I was sitting in before and leans toward me.

"Shut up," but nonetheless I do take his hand. I've heard horror stories from friends and girls at my college about the pain of getting tattoos.

"Ready?" Austin asks.

I give him a nod and focus on my breathing.

The needle doesn't bother me once Austin begins, it feels more like an annoyance than actual pain.

"How was that?" Austin takes his gloves off after giving my new and only ink a final wipe down.

"Great, there was hardly any pain."

"That is what I like to hear."

"So, I guess no sex now, good job Ray," Erik mumbles into my ear as he hands me my hoodie.

"I can think of some other things," I whisper back to him.

"Avril, I hope to see you again and I hope you enjoy your new addition."

I smile at my reflection in the mirror, carpe noctem.

Edited by GirlReader133