15: I Need You Here Or You'll Be Gone Forever

I threw on a random shirt and shorts before tiptoeing my way downstairs. I hailed a cab and directed him to the club Sean told me.

Sean asked me for a ride during the phone call and I breathed a sigh of relief that he was still sober enough to know that he can't drive.

I didn't ask him furthermore what happened even though curiosity was killing me, I just shut off the phone.

The cab pulled up to a club near Sean's house which I wasn't familiar with and I paid the bill before hastily stepping out into the chilly night air. I didn't bother bringing a coat with me which turns out to be a huge mistake on my part.

I passed by Sean's car which was parked in front. Good thing there wasn't any strict security in here, they just let me in without knowing if I'm legit or not.

I searched for Sean's familiar tousled hair as I waved my way through the gyrating crowd. Unlucky me most of the men here had blonde hair as same as his and the dim lighting didn't help either.

A few minutes later or so I find him sitting in a dark corner with a brunette across him. He sipped his beer with a grin all the while looking at the brunette who was massaging her breasts as her thumb moved slow circles along the nub. Too much for saying that he would avoid women.

I stayed my ground away from them and as she leaned closer to him that was it. I almost groaned but turned my back just in time. Much to my luck Sean caught my action and rushed towards me as I angrily headed for the exit. The brunette looked confused with a scowl on her face as Sean brushed past her.

When I turned back he stopped running and stood across me with a grin. This was different from the one he had on earlier facing that bitch, that grin was all amusement like watching his favorite movie. This grin showed relief and happiness with his eyes shining.

"I was waiting for you, I thought you'd never come." His grin still intact unaware of the current anger sweeping through my veins.

"Actually it looked like you were having fun so I'll just leave you to it." I snap before turning my back to him again ready to walk away but he grabs my arm just in time and pulls me towards him.

"It's not my fault they're throwing themselves at me."

"Oh so now you're saying that they're the ones who're throwing themselves at you. Care to notice that look on your face when you were looking at that blond."

"They were the ones who threw themselves at me and I couldn't wait getting out of here."

Lies. "Actions speak louder than words, remember that. And the way you were grinning earlier did not look like that you were annoyed by their presence."

Sean smirks suddenly. "My beautiful girlfriend is jealous." My eyes grew wide as saucers as I looked at him incredulously.

"I am not jealous." I seeth.

"You are, it's so obvious. Don't worry it's a major turn on." He glances down at himself and I do my best to stop myself from doing it too. What the hell!

I punch him in the arm. "Asshole." I say through clenched teeth. "Let's go."

We head outside and I involuntarily shivered as the cold wind hits me almost immediately. I feel something warm over my shoulders and I glance back and realize that Sean draped his black leather jacket over my shoulders. I look at him and he smiles.

I don't thank him because I know that he knows that I will and he knows that I know that he's welcome.

I realize that he doesn't look drunk at all. He seems sober enough but I don't know if it's just an act to get me to come to him.

I hail a cab and the way back to his house remains in complete silence. I wonder what happened for him to just go to a bar late at night like that.

I was surprised that he didn't bother glancing at his car which was left parked by the curb. I know men enough to know that they love their cars more than anything so I was very surprised that he managed to just place his hands in his pockets and follow me inside the car. I smile.

"Claire can't know about this." I say as we walk outside towards the front doors of his large house which I left open when I left.

"I know." He replies grimly, all hyperness from earlier gone.

We walked down the hallway in another silence and as I placed my hand on top of the knob he called my name. I turn and see his back to me.

"What?"

"Can you stay with me tonight?"

"Of course." I say without hesitation, I don't know why.

I follow him into his room and he doesn't bother flicking on the lights. The faint light of the moon was enough for him to remove his shoes and climb on top of the covers. I mirror his actions and now we lay side by side lazily looking up at the ceiling.

"Remember the letter I received?" I nod my head and I know he feels it by the movement in the bed. He grabs my hand which was centimeters away from his and slowly rubs soothing circles over the back of my hand with his thumb.

"It was from my father." I froze and I know he feels it but he continues anyway. He never talks about his father and I know he doesn't want to so why is he doing that now?"

"He says he wants to see me. He left us because my mother told him to. My dad is a rich man and I just found out the reason why he left because of that letter. Mom never bothered to tell me the reason why and when I asked he would avoid the question. It turns out that he slept with a lot of women during their time together and even hid his son from my mother at one point." I almost chuckled at Sean's choice of words but decided against it.

"He says I have an older brother and I know he's older than me. I wasn't surprised at all. I knew my dad was a manwhore and he never changed. I don't know what to do, I don't know whether to be angry or to feel sorry. Being sorry would mean that I would have to follow him and meet him."

He says 'him' with pure disgust which I don't oppose at all. If I was in his shoes I would feel that too. I just hope none of my parents cheated because that would mean that Sean and I would be in the same ground and by the look on Sean's face it's not particularly rainbows and sunshine out here.

"He's living with them since the divorce and I feel disgusted to meet my brother knowing that he was the reason for all of this."

"Then don't meet them." I finally whisper, squeezing his hand.

"I won't and I'll never. He's already dead to me. It'll be like visiting his grave if I do." He replies steadily.

Uneasy silence.

"Why did you react that way when I disappeared into my room?" I ask, suddenly changing the subject.

"I guess when you were feeling all the waves of emotions when you were in my arms I felt them t0o. And when you went away all the emotions came rushing back to me and I remembered the time when I first read it." I nod my head in understanding.

"I'm sorry. I feel like it's my fault." I silently say.

Sean props himself with one elbow and looks at me through the dark. "Don't." He tucks a stray hair and places it behind my ear. "It's not your fault. I feel obligated to feel you during your worst time. It's my decision if I want to." He says sincerely and I smile, so does he.

"I like y-" His head falls down and he's in deep sleep. I snorted a laugh.

He really is drunk.

I can't help feeling those butterflies in my stomach indicating that he was about to say that he liked me. During that time it didn't matter who wins the deal. What matters is he was about to say it, but then he didn't. The thought hits me like a ton of bricks and a wave of disappointed rushes through me.