The dare

MARINETTE'S POV

As the bell rings, we approach Adrien, Nino and Brandon, who are all whispering to each other. Nino and Brandon exchange menacing looks and Adrien looks... ill?

As we near towards them, Brandon says, 'yo, look that way,'

Both Adrien and Nino look at us, and Nino mumbles something barely audible.

Alya and I exchange glances.

'What?' Alya asks, and Brandon shakes his head.

'I don't know, ask Adrien,'

We turn to the boy, who throws his bag down and runs off.

Weird.

As he leaves, the other two laugh and I feel so self-conscious. I feel as if their laughing at me, when they obviously aren't.

'What was that about?' Alya says, and I shrug.

'I don't know... I hope he's okay,' As i say this, the boys crack up, 'What's so funny?'

'Guy talk,' Nino says, nudging brandon as we sit outside o the benches.

'Well, I'm going to ask Adrien myself,' Erin says, gesturing to the Blond boy walking towards us.

Adrien greets us, then is about to sit next to Nino, who moves over and spreads out. He and Brandon both snicker and Adrien rolls his eyes before sliding into the space next to me.

As if he doesn't want to sit there.

I decide to fire him a text

What's that all about??

He picks up his phone and upon seeing my name, gives me a look translating to Huh.

I tap my foot impatiently as he types.

Idk, just ignore em

Well then.

I nod, and put my phone back in my pocket, before leaning in to join the discussion. After a few minutes, we head to the gym for PE, only to find out that the girls' class isn't on today and we have a cover lesson. As everyone rushes to the classroom, presumably to get the best seats at the back, I walk with Alya, Hailey and Erin and we sit near the front. After roughly 10 minutes of waiting, we jump to the conclusion that the teacher probably isn't gonna show up, so everyone messes around, until Alya yells really loudly, 'OMG let's all play truth or dare!'

Everyone is ecstatic, apart from me. But i join in nonetheless, quite reluctantly. Just the idea of having to do outrageous things or sharing embarrassing secrets is just too much for me. As everyone sits in a circle on the floor, Chloe slides besides me, 'I hate this game,'

'Same,' I nod, 'It's just too... exposing,'

At this moment, Avery and Lila ruin the circle formation as everyone changes places.

'And now these two are playing. Great.Just great.' Chloe mutters.

I smile at her sympathetically. After her threats on her first day, and yesterday's random incident, I feel as if I know too much about Lila already. I notice Chloe tense as Avery says, 'Omigosh Chloe, isn't this our favourite game?!'

I notice the blonde's hands turn into fists as I just look on in bewilderment.She isn't the nicest person in class, but I'm ladybug. I can't allow people to get akumatized.

'Ignore her,' I mumble, 'I think all that peroxide's done something to her head,'

Now it's Chloe's turn to look at me with shock, and her face morphs into a knowing smile as she bites back her laughter.