Short-Lived Victory

The Wonkru army hidden against the wall of the gorge waiting for their signal to attack

The Wonkru army hidden against the wall of the gorge waiting for their signal to attack. Nia peered over the boulder in front of her watching as the Rover was making it way toward the front. Her heart pounded at the thought of Bellamy out of her reach to help.

"We charge on my command." She spoke when she noticed the Rover halt.

It wasn't till Echo and Bellamy hopped out taking cover behind the Rover. Echo fired up the ridge and luckily her shot met her mark causing the cannon to blow up.

Suddenly, the gun on the Rover began to fire and Bellamy ran for cover followed by Echo. The two covered by another set of boulders waiting for the final cannon. Finally, he fired his weapon and another explosion was set off.

"It worked." Nia commented proud that their biggest threat was taken out.

She looked to the person beside her not thinking she'd see Octavia there. Octavia had bent the knee to Madi but she hadn't necessarily pledge to Nia. But despite everything, Nia understood what Octavia was going through better than anyone.

"Take us home." Octavia encouraged hoping that the way she had acted didn't out off how their relationship once was.

She pulled the sword on her hip and looked to those behind her. Her sword flew up and her voice loud. "Charge."

Battle cries rang out as they made a run for the enemy. Gunshots came from both sides but they did not continue to advance. Soon the enemy began to run hoping to seek some kind shelter from the Grounders.

Nia's sword meeting anyone that came close and tried to raise their weapons. The village came up quickly causing them to spread out and encircle it.

"Weapons down! Put your weapons down now." Bellamy ordered stepping out in front of Nia.

The others were quick to step up as well. Seeing the defeat the prisoners dropped their weapons and admitted their defeat.

The army looked to their commander waiting for her orders. But Nia was looking at the prisoners trying to take in their expressions and states. The prisoners all glanced at her but looked away quickly. She had a stoic expression but that along with the war paint across her eyes made them fear of what she might do.

"Kill them all." A voice suddenly spoke out making Nia snap her head to the side where Madi stood. She looked over to Nia once she realized what she had spoken. She had given up her command yet she had blurted one out without hesitation. Her head bowed waiting for her to be reprimanded.

"Okay." Nia said making everyone glance at her like she was crazy.

"Nia-" Bellamy tried to reason with her but she held her hand up to silence him.

"We'll kill them if you can give me a good reason." Nia holstered her sword waiting for Madi to speak.

"They killed hundreds of our people in that gorge." Madi spoke up trying to persuade.