Imagine #14 ~ Damon Salvatore

{I can't lose you - Part 2}

"I want you to turn me." Silence. "I want you to turn me into a vampire."

Silence. That same silence seemed to last for hours as he stared at you, trying to process what you had told him. "You want me to what?" He asked you, his eyes wide open.

"I want you to turn me. I want to be a vampire." He started laughing and took a deep breathe, pointing at you. "Good one. I almost believed you."

"I'm serious, Damon." You told him. "I want this. I want you but I can't be with you if I'm not a vampire. I need you to do this. Please, for me. For us." You held his hands in yours. He looked at you, his eyes still wide but now as wide as they were before. "I can't do that to you. I just - I can't. I'm sorry." He walked away from you. 

"Why not?" 

He turned and looked at you. "I refuse to be responsible for turning my girlfriend, the love of my life, into a raging, psychotic killer. You don't deserve this life, it's hell."

"But if it means that I can be with you---" He cut you off as he was pouring himself a drink of bourbon. "No! (Y/n), it's too risky. I can't guarantee your safety. Anything could happen to you and I won't be able to live with myself if you got hurt, if you died, in the process."

"But you could help me through it, through the transition and teach me how to deal with the cravings and then we can be together!" You begged him.

"What if it all gets too much? What if you cannot cope with the fact that you will have killed people, innocent people, in order to have survived and you flip the switch. What then?" He stopped. "I can't do it. I refuse to do it." He kissed you and when he pulled away, you began crying. "I can't lose you. Damon, I can't live without you." He ran his fingers through your hair as you head rested on his shoulder.  "I know baby. I know but sometimes we can't have what we really want."

"Maybe you can." You and Damon looked up to see Bonnie, one of your best friends standing in the doorway with Alaric. "Maybe there is a way for you two to be together."

"Really?" Damon said, his voice filled with hope. 

"Yeah." Alaric replied. "The only problem is, the solution is the in hands of the wrong person."

"Who?" You and Damon said in unison. 

"Our friend, Katherine."