bonus chapter #1

TWO YEARS
BEFORE EPILOGUE

Adriana

"I can't breathe, is that normal? This dress is compressing all of my organs. I need wine. Ugh, but then I'll spill it all over this fucking contraption. I need Xavier." I ranted as I paced back and forth. "I need him. Can you go get him? Where is he? Is Mat with him? Oh fuck, I need him."

"Mija, it's bad luck if he sees you in your dress," Mom gently consoled me as she fixed my hair. "You'll see him later."

"Yeah, when I fucking get married to him! I need him right now!" I yelled. I exhaled and took a breather. "Okay, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to yell, it's just... I'm freaking out. He doesn't have to see me, I just need to see him."

"I know, Adri. I was the same way and to make matters worse, your bitch of an aunt offered the idea of running away. Can't believe I made her my maid of honor." My mom scoffed and I laughed. Mateo came into the room and quietly opened the door. Speaking of maid of honor's, well in this case: man.

"Where have you been?! I'm freaking out here!" I yelled as I saw him come into the room. "Where's Xavier? Is he okay? He's not gonna run, is he? That would really suck."

"No, babosa. He's not going to run. He sent me to check up on you," Mateo said. "Bouncing between his room and your room is exhausting."
[ idiot ]

"Haul his ass over here," I demanded. "I need him."

"I have wine!" Lily exclaimed. "You know how hard it was to steal this? I worked up a goddamn sweat, but it's all good. Spill this on your dress and I will kill you," she said to me.

"Lily, Mat, I don't care, one of you needs to go to X's room and haul him over here. Put a blindfold on him or something — I don't care — but I need him in the next five minutes. Christ and where's Alora?!" I yelled in frustration.

"I'll go," Lily and Mateo said in unison before they both left towards Xavier's room.

"I'm here! Sorry, Thomas fucking took the wrong turn, but whatever, I'm here now." Alora said as she rushed into the room with her dress in hand. "Thomas, Sal and Gio are with Xavier. Damn, did you know that your husband is friends with everyone?"

"You're a horrible bridesmaid! You were supposed to be here an hour ago!" I exclaimed. "Mom, I need you to pour me a glass of red, I won't spill it. I swear."

"I'll kill you if you spill it," my mom said as she carefully poured me a glass of wine. She handed it to me and I walked into the bathroom to grab a towel. I placed it over my chest and drank the glass. I didn't finish it as I didn't want to be a tipsy bride.

"See, I'm good." I said, showing off my stainless dress. I set the wine down and someone knocks on my door. "What?!"

"It's me," Xavier said. I exhaled in relief and went to open it. Before I turned the doorknob, I asked:

"Can you see?"

"No, Mateo put a fucking blindfold on me." Xavier complained. I laughed and opened the door. I immediately wrapped him in my arms. "Baby, are you okay?" He whispered in my ear after he had wrapped his arms around me. I waved my arm at everyone in close proximity, signaling them to go away. They listened and hurried outside, but I knew they were around the next corner being chismosos.