6

"I'm sick of this shit, I'm leaving!"

  "Don't you dare go to his house!"

  "Where the hell else am I supposed to go Andy? He's the only one who seems to give a fuck about me!"

  "If you go to him I'm driving back to Manchester."

  "Are you fucking kidding me? What do you have against him for fuck's sake?"

  "He's an arrogant, sleaze bag who burdens you with keeping his life together because he can't do it himself."

  "You're a real dick Andy, you know that?"

  "You walk out that door and I'm leaving."

  "Then fucking leave Andy! You clearly don't give a shit about me."

  "You really think he does? I'll tell you the truth Rose, you mean nothing more than a fucking object to him. He couldn't care less of how you're feeling because he's a selfish piece of shit!"

  "FUCK YOU!"

  The memory of a slammed door jolted the troubled girl awake. She felt in danger for a second until she felt herself protected by a soft warmth. The events of the night before haunted her, she was scared to look over her shoulder incase it were lurking somewhere in the shadows.

  The sudden tense on his chest woke Alex as soon as it did Rosanna. He was on alert mode, ready to spring into action at the smallest sign. He wanted nothing more than to make sure she was okay.

  The light sneaking through the dark curtains illuminated as much of the room as it could. A perfect sliver fitting across Alex's eyelid, causing him to squint as he opened his eyes. He blinked a couple of times to wake himself up then let his dark eyes drift downward.

  Rosanna was slowly adjusting her eyes to the late morning sun and dragged them to look up at him.

  "How you feeling?" Alex asked in a soothing voice, hoarse from underuse.

  Rosanna sighed, "like shit," she said honestly. Her head dropped and she buried it into a pillow.

  Alex chewed on the side of his cheeks and his eyebrows drew to crease in the center. He moved the arm that was around her and brought her in closer, rubbing her arm as soothingly as he could.

  Rosanna tried her best to hold back the tears welling in her eyes but could already tell she'd soaked through Alex's shirt. It's not worth these tears. You'll sort this out with Andy, you always do.

  Alex would've sat there for hours if he needed to, just to make sure she was okay. He wasn't going to let go of her before she did just incase he let go to early. It enraged him to see her like this over a prick like Andy.

Rosanna wanted to push everything her boyfriend had said out of her mind. She felt filthy, siting in Alex's arms and keeping from him all the nasty things Andy had said about him. She hoped Andy only said those things out of rage and that he didn't really mean everything he shouted at her, and even before the shouting.

She hated Andy for the words he'd said. She never knew he could be so cruel. Even before she snapped, Andy was making offhanded comments about Alex's reaction to being dumped by Alexa. She couldn't understand for the life of her why Andy had such a distaste for Alex. Sure Alex said a few unkind things about Andy but never in the amount of spite that Andy had when he spoke about Al.

"I'm such a mess, I'm sorry," Rosanna said and turned her head to look at Alex beside her.

He just smiled softly at her with the kind eyes that told her that he'd always be there for her. "Don't be sorry love," Alex said. "How about I make us some food to cheer you up?"