1.3.10: Birthday Banquet (VI)

Zhou Elder, along with everyone else that had been stunned by the presence of Zhou Ming, turned their attention to the door.

Hearing its loud slam, they scoffed. Such an unsophisticated woman, it was best that she wasn't here.

"Good riddance." Zhou Elder quietly murmured, but it didn't hear the ears of those around him.

The girls, especially Kang Yiyi, felt exhilarated, but Zhou Feng frowned, Zhou Lang retained his cold behavior, and Zhou Ming looked like he didn't care.

As for Qiang Yue, Zhou Elder shook his shoulder and finally, the doctor snapped back into attention. "Um, sorry Mr. Zhou."

"It's okay! I'm sure nobody, not even you, expected for your girlfriend to have such a slutty character. She didn't even tell you anything about her relationship with Lang'er or Feng'er."

Zhou Feng wanted to specify that they didn't have any type of real relationship and it was only his wishful thinking, but he didn't have the guts to reveal his unrequited love.

His pride as a young master of the Zhou family would shatter before the upper high class in their society.

So he stayed quiet, but Qiang Yue did not.

Seeing that the old man of the Zhou family using such an insulting tone when talking about Xiao Yunhua, he didn't feel so well.

So he clarified, "She's not my girlfriend."

Zhou Elder was stunned, along with the people who overheard.

They had assumed that she was the girlfriend of someone yet trying to hook up with others, yet it seemed like it wasn't the case.

Qiang Yue spoke again, "Furthermore, I had invited her to be my date. Mr. Zhou, you hadn't even given us a chance to sit down before you immediately confronted her. I'm guessing—no, I'm assuming, you knew already."

Zhou Elder opened his mouth to retort, but Qiang Yue continued, "But even if she had a relationship with any of your grandsons, she doesn't now. It's unfair to dub a woman as a harlot if she has had relationships before. Had she been trying to woo multiple men in front of you, then you could've fairly judged her. But we live in a modern time, meaning calling a woman names based on your guesses is immature and can deeply harm their self-esteem."

The more Qiang Yue spoke, the more that his 'doctor' side was released.

And in this case, it was Xiao Yunhua being his patient and being bullied.

"But Yue'ge, did you not see what she wore? It looked like she was asking for it looking like a slut."

A new voice joined in the conversation, the voice belonging to Zhou Yaoyao.

Qiang Yue shot her a disappointed look.

Seeing the look being thrown in her direction, Zhou Yaoyao frowned and opened her mouth to speak again, but Qiang Yue beat her to it.

"It's so sad that you say such things about a woman your age. Can a woman not wear something that makes her feel confident without narrow-minded people like you accusing her?"

He bitterly chuckled, eyeing the Zhou family before him.

"I have been enlightened today. The Zhou family my deceased father worked for are such people."

He clenched his fists and shook his head, immediately leaving.

"That insolent boy—"

"Grandfather, leave it." For the first time in that evening, Zhou Lang coldly spoke. "It's not like he was wrong."

He harshly pushed away the woman clinging to him, Mu Lihua, and walked off.