Flashback

Peter is Tony's biological son.

Lotsa angsty fluff

Also this one is pretty long. It's like twice the size of the ones I've written already.

-------------

In hindsight, it was probably stupid to go back in the burning building.

On one hand, the building was on the verge of collapse, the structural integrity bound to fail any minute.

On the other hand, there was a woman left in there.

--------------

Peter pulled the woman's arm over his shoulder, helping her toward a window.

Flames crackled around them, and his lungs were filling rapidly with smoke. He pushed her out, willing onlookers reaching to pull her away from the heat.

Peter pulled back, turning to scan the interior to make sure there was no one left.

When he turned back, though, the window was blocked by a wall of flame. He jerked away, protecting his face with his arm.

"Karen! Find the quickest way out of here!"

Her voice replied in seconds. "Initiating scan. Scan complete. The quickest route is highlighted in your vision."

A blue line popped up, Peter immediately following it.

"How long until it goes down?"

"You have twenty seven seconds before the structure fails, and you will be crushed," she informed him, sounding less cheery.

"Great."

He was so close to the open air. So close. He could see the natural light when the building collapsed.

It happened too fast for him to process what happened.

In a blur of noise, flashing light, pain, and finally darkness.

-------------

When Peter opened his eyes, it was completely still. There was a small pocket of air around his face, but everything else was trapped.

His mind flashed through visions of the warehouse.

Trapped. Crushed. Laughter.

Help me. Please. Someone.

Peter gasped for breath, the pressure on his lungs seeming to increase. In his panic, the walls seemed to be closing in.

Pain shot through him when he tried to move.

Please. Help me.

"Peter, your vitals are fluctuating. Would you like me to call Tony Stark?"

Peter nearly sobbed in relief as he heard the sound of his AI.

"...yes...please- call dad..."

"Placing call."

--------------

Tony was in the living room with the team, watching a movie when Peter called.

"Incoming call from Peter Stark." Friday's cheerful voice announced.

Tony paused the movie. "Answer it."

When the call connected, everyone could hear the rasping breaths of the teenager.

"Pete? You okay?" Tony asked quickly.

"...dad- I can't- I can't breathe, please dad..."

Tony shot up. "Friday, get me his vitals. Peter, what happened?"