33: Back to you.

Two days passed since the day i witness Fiona kissing Jayden. I knew Jayden wasn't at fault but that still doesn't mean i wasn't hurt to be my boyfriend's lips on some other girl, the same girl he told me not to worry about.

Jayden kept trying to talk to me and despite my conflicting emotions to forgive him, i couldn't, the image was stuck in my head and it wouldn't disappear soon.

Releasing a sigh, i shoved a handful of popcorns in my mouth, wanting to munch heartily and numb my brain.

"That's the tenth sigh from you." Harper mumbled from beside me, her eyes fixated on the tv screen. We were watching how i met your mother, a show everyone in my family loves.

She was eating the popcorn from a separate bowl. She didn't want to share a bowl with me because apparently she was disgusted by the way i was eating.

If only she knew the reason behind my wild antics, if only.

With my mouthful, i tried to talk. 'Why are you even counting?', that's what i really wanted to say but ended up sputtering gibberish. "Waa ah uw e cunting..."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you mean." She snorted at my failed attempt to talk like a normal person.

Swallowing the chewed popcorns with the help of a cola, i turned to her and was about to flip her off but mum made her grand entrance, running into the room and snatching the remote from the coffee table before my hands could grab it.

"Mum!" Harper and i yelled at the same time when the channels were changed. Harper wasn't having any of it as she started throwing a fit. "You can't do that! That's HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, HOW I MET-"

She stopped mid sentence when mum settled in some entertainment channel, the news reporter's words making us snap our head towards the tv.

"Pamela called me, she told me Ophelia's pictures were shown in some news channel, she's linked with some celebrity." Mum filled us in the reason for her to change the channels. Pamela was one of my mother's friend.

'Jack Cole was spotted with a mystery girl. With their hands intertwined, they got into the football player's car. Though the mystery girl covered her face, our sources were able to find out who she is- Her name is Ophelia Sprouse, she is also the secretary of Jack..."

Mum switched the tv off and took a seat beside me on the couch. She leaned back with a sigh.

"Shouldn't we call her?" I asked, slightly concern for my aunt. She never was the type to bask in the attention so with all this media coverage on her, she must be anxious.

Mum turned to look at me and then at Harper before a wide smile took over her face. "We should." She let out a light laugh.

With my eyebrow quirked in her direction i turned to Harper who mirrored my reaction, looking at mum with 'why are you happy' face.

Mum dialed aunt's number and put the call on speaker, she picked up in the fifth ring. "Hel-"

"You've seen the news, didn't you?" Aunt Ophelia groaned from the other side of the call, she sounded tensed.

"Yes, we did." Mum answered keepimh her voice normal while she couldn't wipe the smile of her face. Perhaps, she was happy because what she wished for was happening, Jack and Ophelia a couple.

"Are you okay?" I asked worried about her.

"Don't let it get to you." Harper added.

"I am okay, a little uncomfortable with the sudden attention, that's all." We heard her sigh from the other end.