Talk

Keela looked at both her mom's and could feel the tension. They needed to talk. She lets out a breath, "Well," she gets up, "I'm going to go to my room and uh do something."

She gives Kara a quick hug then walks to Lena and hugs her as well, but when she pulls away she gives Lena a look, "Actually let her speak. Don't just shut her out. Or kick her out please. What good is you guys knowing who I am if I have to deal with you guys being in angry mode with each the whole time I'm here? So, please, talk and work it out. At least try?"

Lena looked over Keela's shoulder to Kara then back to her and nods, "I'll try."

"Thank you," she leaves the room.

Kara and Lena don't say anything until the sound of the guest room door closing sounds through the loft. Kara stands up from her seat and takes a step towards Lena, "So, I guess we're supposed to talk."

"How'd you get in here?"

A door opens and Keela's voice travels down the hall, "She had food and I let her in! That one's on me!"

"Dear, Rao," Kara mutters.

"Keela Alexandra, stop eavesdropping! If you're really my child, then I assume you know better," Lena yelled at her daughter.

"Shi- I mean, yes ma'am," the door closes again,"She used my middle name. That's not even fair in this time."

Kara shook her head at her daughter's antics and returned her attention to Lena, "But yeah. I knew that she'd be hungry and I wanted to help."

"Was that all?"

"And I wanted to see her... and you."

Lena tried not to let the comment get to her, but she felt the blush creep across her face. Right now wasn't the time to be flustered at the fact that she wanted to see her. Though, it was nice to know she wanted to see her even after she spent the morning yelling at her. Seriously, Lena, stop. Focus on what needs to be said. She composed herself and besides, she shouldn't be dwelling on feelings for her best friend when she's with someone else. Someone who happened to be one of said best friend's friend. Speaking of, she wondered what it was like for Keela. She had seen her and James interact with each other. She hoped that it didn't make Keela too uncomfortable, but part of her knew that it probably did. Surely, Keela knew about her and James' history since she was from the future. But a voice told her that it was different since she was seeing it play out.

"Lena?"

Shit, she zoned out, "Sorry. So, you came here to give Keela food."

"And to see you."

"And to see us. I suppose I should listen to our daughter and hear you out. God, that's not something I'm going to get used to," Lena rubs her temple.

"I'd have to agree with you there. I kind of spent my whole day thrilled by the news, yet terrified."