Four

I wake up to beeping sounds and soft snoring. I look down and on each side of me and see both Amy and Liam peacefully sleeping. I look toward the chair and Ms. Linda sleeping but with different clothes on. I reach for my phone and answer some emails making sure everything is running smoothly. I see that the nurse from before is about to come in so I close my phone.

"Oh I see that your woke. How are you feeling today?" She ask and a gentle voice.

"I'm good thanks for asking. Do you know how long I will be here for?" I really need to get back

"I think for about three days. Sweetie you were stabbed."

"I know I just dont like hospitals."

"Sissy I hu'gry" I hear Amy say as she is waking up.

"Why don't I order breakfast for you guys?" The nurse says looking at me.

"Thanks that would be great ........"

"Oh sorry names Tia."

"Well thank you Tia"

She walks out the room to do so. Then Liam starts to get up. I can hear his tummy growl. He looks down in shame.

"Hey buddy there is no reason to be embarrassed. It natural."

He looks up at me with a huge smile." Sis I thought you left us. I missed you so much." He says crying

"I hug him hat buddy it's ok. You probably had a bad dream." I felt him nod. I already knew what it was about. See when I first got in the house Liam was very closed off. It took me about a month to break his wall down. Once they were down he started to have this reoccurring dream about me just up and leaving him like everyone else. I would have say in his sight for a hour for him to trust I wasn't leaving. Some people just don't deserve kids.

"Sissy I got'a pee pee." I heard Amy say.

I let go of Liam and started think. Usually I would take her but if I couldn't then Liam would. I'm hurt and have wires everywhere to get up and Liam won't leave my side for more then two minutes. So I look toward Ms. Linda and see that she is woke.

"Umm can you take Amy to the restroom please." She nods but I feel Amy cling on to me.

"Its ok princess I know it's against the rules but I need you to go with her. She wont take you out the room ok. There is one just over there and she will keep the door open."

"I 'cared sissy." She says while shaking

I breaks my heart to see her like this. One day I was hurting from a beating bad. The kids and I always had rules. Never talk back. Never yell. Never go into a room with an adult by yourself. Never wake them. Anyways I was hurt. But I knew Liam would be with Amy. What I didn't know was she had company over that night. All I remember was Liam coming in the room with a bloodied nose and crying while saying that the man took Amy. I got up so fast it hurt but knew I had to save her no matter how much it hurt. She was not going to go through what I did. I heard Amy crying in the guest room. I broke down the door to see some guy trying to take her pants off . I saw red, I don'tknow where the strength or energy came from but I was glad it did. I tackled the guy and started punching. Even though he was out by the second punch I kept punching. I turned to Amy and picked her up. I took them to the secret room.

I went back to the room and the guy was still out. I took his phone saw that he had pics of nude kids and watched child porn and had one of himself. It made my stomach turn and almost vomit. Oh how I wish I could kill this fuckning predator but I'm going to make his life a living hell for what he did. I sent it to everyone of his contacts and to the police with his address and picture. I heard him groan. I went over and punched him more. Put a gag in his mouth and broke both his wrist. He hurt my brother and sister. He needed to pay. I felt like they were my siblings before even knowing they were. I heard sirens so I went back to my room got the kids and passed out. The cops came and the she devil said the man did it all. As in beat me up as well.

After that Amy doesn't and wont go into another room with an adult without myself or Liam.

"Princess I promise I'm right here."

"P'omise?" She asked holding out her pinky.

"I promise." I said while taking it in my own pinky. After that she let her pick her up and take her.

Not even a min later Tia was here with breakfast. Both kids had egg, and pancakes with milk. I had maple and brown sugar oatmeal with orange juice.

"You can have that much to eat until we see how your body reacts to food." Nurse Tia said

"Oh that's fine I'm more concerned for the little ones."

Liam started to eat while looking at me to make sure I didn't leave. Amy comes in the room running. She tired to jump on the bed. I just chuckle. Ms Linda helped her. Once she is up she dived right into the food.

"I might have someone that can take all three of you in." I heard Ms Linda say I nod for her to continue

"They are a married couple that can't conceive. The are very nice I promise. They both have good jobs and background checks. They have the room and our good friends of mine."

She was looking at me almost desperate for me to say something.

"Do they have pets?"

"She says yes two dogs?"

"The only reason I asked is because Liam is allergic to cats and I'm not sure it's in his chart." Yes I was I have read our charts but thinking about it now the parents part wasn't on there. But at the time I was looking for health reason. How did I read them well I stole them from the last one.

"Oh it's not in his chart at all." She says looking at his chart. Yea I know that day was a bad day.

"If you guys are willing they would like to meet you today?"

I look at the kids and see smiles on their faces. How can I say no to that.

"Yes that's fine." Giving her a small smile.

_______________________________________

It was around three in the afternoon the kids had eaten lunch I wasn't that hungry now they are watching mom movies or shows on their tablets. Me on the other hand. Well I'm looking at emails again but hey no one said this would be easy. I saw one email saying I could fight for a good amount of money. Man if I wasnt injured. I emailed back saying I couldn't and would let them know when I wanted to fight. The other emails were business. I saw the nurse coming back in the room so I went to a game on my phone and act like I was playing that.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me

"I'm ok in a little pain but ok." I gave her a slight smile. This nurse is so fine

"Ok well I will come back with your pain meds ok sweetie

"Ok well I will come back with your pain meds ok sweetie." She says while touching my thigh. Holy shit. Down big boy.

She leaves but comes back within two minutes with a needle.

"This might make you a little drowsy but it shouldn't put you to sleep." She says while putting it I'm my IV

"Thank you."

Ms. Linda walks in with a huge smile on her face.

"Hey the couple that want to meet you guys are here and would like to say hi?" She said

I give her I nod seeing as the meds are starting to work. Tia leaves the room and let me tell you that I hate to see her leave but love to watch her from behind. Damn . Then a couple walks in the room. I can't believe its................................................. .......................