Chapter fourty ~ dream

It was around 6pm when Yoongi arrived at the hospital to take Taehyung’s place. They exchanged awkward “hey”s quickly and went their separate ways. Yoongi sat down next to Jimin and took out his book from his backpack.

    “You wouldn’t mind if I read something would you?” he asked, half to Jimin, half to himself. “I can read out loud if you want…” he said to Jimin and smiled. He paused for a moment, as if he were waiting for a response. “Well ok I’m going to take that as a yes.” he didn’t know if this would be considered as “going crazy” but he really liked talking to Jimin as usual, that calmed him down a little. Acting like nothing was wrong around Jimin -as much as he could- helped him cope with his feelings.

    “This book is just titled ‘Foolhardy’, I don’t really know why I bought it tbh… it reminded me of you and how foolishly brave you get sometimes I guess. I think I started missing you so much that I keep seeing you and everywhere I look.” Yoongi laughed at his own remark. “Life’s so dull without you Jimin. I need you back.” he stopped to stare at his friend’s face, he didn’t even know why he did that anymore. He kept wishing for any sign of life, anything that would show him Jimin was understanding. He sighed when he didn’t get anything.

    “I’ll kill you myself if you don’t wake up soon Jiminie. I hope you know that.” he cast one last glare at his best friend, and started to read the book as the machines Jimin was tied to beeped rhythmically.

    “Hey Jimin,” he raised his head after a while of reading. He had come to a point where one of the characters was proposing to his girlfriend. “I’m thinking of asking Hoseok to marry me.” he blurted out. “You’ve always been my secret keeper… I wanted you to know this one. I know it’s too early, I’m not going to do it soon anyways. But either way, he’s going to college soon and I’m taking a job in Tae’s company probably. I just… I don’t know. I don’t want to lose anyone else so I just want to make it official as fast as possible.” he sighed. “I know it’s dumb… I just need him with me.”

    Yoongi looked up to Jimin again, who was lying down peacefully. He looked the same as before, but somehow his face seemed a bit more pink today. Yoongi blinked a few times to look again, but then he shrugged it away thinking it was nothing. He was barely getting any sleep so he never really believed anything he saw anymore. “I miss you a lot Jimin. I hope you realise that. Please open your eyes.” he sighed.

    He just watched his friend for a while, lost in thought. If it hadn’t been for Yoongi, Jimin would never have gotten a blow on his head that put him in coma for two months. If it hadn’t been for him Jimin would be happy and awake, with his boyfriends. Yoongi knew that. He knew he was to blame, and this made everything way worse. “I'm so sorry for everything Jiminie… I'm sorry for ever involving you in our problem.” a tear escaped his eye, he paused to wipe it with the back of his hand. “Please forgive me and wake up Jimin. I need you back.”

x    X    x

    Jimin was happy. He was in Tae’s house, surrounded by his friends. Tae’s parents had gotten married a week ago so everyone in the house was very excited still. The mood was always up and all his friends were smiling. Yoongi and Hoseok had moved to Tae's as well because they were graduating and they couldn’t use the dorms anymore. You could always see them chuckling to each other’s jokes. Bogum and Irene were always sneaking around, thinking that nobody noticed them. Jungkook and Taehyung were in love, and they were always trying to outdo each other in showing their love for Jimin. Life was going great.

    There was something that he couldn’t really explain. At daytime, he was chatting and having fun as normal. At night though, he couldn’t get any sleep because of the voices he was hearing. They were voices of Jungkook saying he loves him, Taehyung softly crying, Hoseok begging him to come back, Yoongi telling him that he needs him… He couldn’t understand how, Tae and Kook were sleeping right there next to him, why would they need his help? At first he had even thought his friends were pulling some kind of prank and whispering to his ear somehow but the voices were too sincere- if it were to be a prank they would all get oscars. This was something else, something way worse.