58: My Dumbass

Chapter 58: My Dumbass

Luna's POV

I stayed in my room till Raven came banging on my door again, telling me to wake up before they leave without me. But when I didn't answer she slowly opened the door, cautiously peeking round to see me sitting on the bed and blankly staring at the wall.

"Get out before I get the gun from under my pillow and shoot you." I mumbled numbly while falling back onto the bed.

"Wow, I'm so scared," She came and sat beside me, "What happened?"

"I was following orders, as always," I looked at her and fell backwards onto the bed.

"I knew it was something to do with Ace," she followed my actions.

"It's not fair..."

"I know it isn't Lu, you don't deserve this but we can't change her orders."

"I just wish I could though," I sighed, "I guess we gotta head to HQ before we get to school."

"We can just skip and you can vent out to me if you want." Raven suggested.

"Then we would be here for a long time," I sat back up, "Let's go before we get in even more trouble."

"Whatever you want."

***

By the time we left, Raven grabbed me a new set of clothes and we quickly took come toast for breakfast but didn't eat with the Crawford family (which I was very thankful for because how awkward would that have been?). Since we left our vehicles back on our old street, once of the chauffeurs drove us to HQ in a limo.

"This is the fanciest car I've been in." Noah grinned and look around, touching everything. If he was a puppy his tail would be wagging happily.

"We were literally in a carriage once when we went undercover as royalty in Belgium," Raven stared at him quizzically.

"Yeah but they didn't have champagne in there," He said as he lifted up a bottle that looked more expensive than his life.

I quickly took it out of his hands and put it back into the safety of an ice bucket.

"No they didn't," Raven paused, "They had actual gold in there."

"Pfft, I bet it was fake." Noah shrugged.

The limo suddenly came to a stop in front of the agency. The chauffeur walked out and opened the door for us. What a nice person. I said a final 'thank you' as he drove off.

"Ready to face the beast?" I asked.

"Hell no! Who would ever say yes?" Noah exclaimed.

"Obviously not you." I rolled my eyes.

Turns out Ryder wasn't there.

As we went up to reception, they told us that Commander Ryder hasn't even signed in yet.

"That's weird...She should be here by now, its almost-" I checked my watch, "8:40 already."

"All the years we've known her, she's never been late..." Raven raised an eyebrow.

"Do you think she's been kidnapped by some evil interdimensional aliens and that they're probing her mind on intel about earth?" Noah excitedly spoke.

Raven and I looked at him as if he just put in milk before cereal, "Yeah-no, lets get to school before we lose even more brain cells from listening to him talk."

"I heard that." Noah crossed his arms.

"No shit sherlock."

***