Chapter 25: Just a Misunderstanding?

Kai’s P.O.V

“Yes? Can I help you, young man?” A tall, good-looking man asked as he opened the door for me.

I furrowed my brows when I saw him. Now, that I saw him closely. This guy.

It’s the guy on the pic with Jaerim..

Don’t tell me.. They’re living together.. Aren’t they?

“Hello?” That guy spoke again as I zoned out.

“Ah.. I’m looking for Song Jaerim. Does she lives here?” I asked him with a poker facial expression on my face.

“And you are?”

“I’m her classmate and our Math teacher told me to inform her that I’ll be her tutee.”

“Oh, is that so?” He asked, merely surprise. “Then, come in.”

And with that, I nodded and got inside their house. The place is indeed inviting and beautiful, just like Jaerim.. I shook my head, shrugging that thought. I scanned the whole place and what caught my attention is a foreign, adorable little girl coloring her color book with big crayons in her hands while she sits on the staircase. She looked at me once she notice me staring at her. She smiled timidly then back to her coloring book again.

“Oh, that little girl is my daughter, Shane.” That guy said, startling me a little from behind. I stopped my mark to what I heard. His daughter? So, that means.. He was divorced before or something? Tsk. He walked ahead of me, leading me upstairs. Maybe he’s taking me where Jaerim is.. 

And as we walked upstairs, he started a conversation while I trailed off behind him. “Anyways, I’m Kris. It’s nice you killed some of your time to go here for Jaerim.” He said, with joy in his words. 

“I’m not really here for her. I’m here for her to tutor me.” I said in a monotonous voice to make it not that obvious. Well, 70% of my reason why I am here is to talk to Jaerim while the remaining 30% is for that shitty MATH. -______________-

He never responded and stopped walking which made me bumped into his back so I quickly took some steps backward. Tsk! He turned to face me and said. “This is the study room, kid. I’ll just go to Jaerim’s room and tell her you’re here. Anyways, I didn’t catch your name.” He said.

“Just tell her I’m her classmate. No need to tell my name.” I told him. 

He seemed confuse but still proceeded going to Jaerim’s room, afterwards.

Jaerim’s P.O.V

I was on my room, listening to some mellow music while I can’t help myself but to reminiscent what Kai did the other night.. I still can’t believe he did that to me. I sighed heavily.

Bringing me back to reality was when I heard the door creaked open. It made me look at the door and saw Kris oppa entering.

“Hey.” He greeted. 

“Hey.” I greeted back. “What’s up?”

“Well, your classmate is in the study room right now and he said, you'll be his tutor in MATH.” He said as he laid down on my bed, beside me.