5. Are They That Similar?

I feel like I've gotten a lot closer to Blue and Asher. Blue still doesn't talk to me much but I at least don't see the look of annoyance on his face every time he sees mine now.

This weekend, I suggested the guys we go see a movie. It's an action movie that I know they'll like, too.

After the evening movie, we visit a local restaurant for dinner. While waiting for our food, Blue gets a call.

His face turns serious and dark when he sees who's calling. He takes the call outside the restaurant.

I can see him talking into his phone through the glass panels from my seat. He looks like he's arguing with the caller and then about three minutes later he ends the call.

I've a feeling that he hung up on the other person. He pushes his hair back and lightly paces.

"He'll be fine," George says beside me.

Blue returns to his seat just as our food arrives.

While we're eating, Harris asks, "So Dayna, got used to the new city and school yet?"

"I'm okay," I tell him.

"Just, okay?"

"I still miss my friends from my last school."

"Yeah, it can be tough. What are they like?"

"Hmm, they're kinda like you guys."

"They are all guys?"

I laugh and say, "Mostly. My best friend is a guy named, James. I miss hanging out with him."

"Guess we are not a match for this James," Tim says, teasing me.

I laugh again. "Well, I did chase one of you guys because they reminded me very much of James, but that person only glares at me whenever I try to talk to them."

Everyone laughs except Blue. But I see a hint of a smile on his face while he chews his pasta.

"That's not true. You've made great progress. You're the only girl who has managed to eat a meal with him," Harris proudly says.

I shake my head and tell him, "What are you saying? Every time I join you guys to see Blue and Asher's football practice, I'm on high alert in case Blue decides to take that opportunity to 'accidentally' kick the ball to my face."

The whole group breaks out in laughter and Blue laughs, too, visibly.

Blue looks at me and says, "Yet you still come."

I shrug and say, "I'm persistent."

"So Michael reminds you of James, huh? That's why you followed him?" George asks.

I nod. "James is a trained fighter. I think Blue is, too. When I saw Blue fight, he reminded me of James, so I followed him."

"Are they that similar?" Tim asks.

"Not too much. I thought they would be at first. James is a troublemaker, whereas I think trouble just finds Blue. Blue doesn't get along with girls and James loves girls. They have very different personalities."

"Is James only a friend, or you guys...?" trails Harris.

"No, no, no. He's like a brother to me. I've known him since we were kids," I tell him when I'm half way done devouring my steaming fried chicken.

___

🍗 vote and comment on the chapters you like :)