7. They'll Be Fine

Since it's Friday, tonight, the guys plan on hanging out in Blue's apartment. He lives alone. I join them.

His apartment is big and deluxe. I guess his parents are rich. We play video games and watch bloody zombie movies.

Once we've run out of food, me and Harris head out to buy some snacks. On our way back, I remember the drink I wanted to get but forgot to and ask Harris to go ahead while I headed back to the store to buy it.

After buying my drink, once I'm near the apartment building's entrance I see Blue standing at the front with a blonde girl.

She's tall and thin. I can't see her face clearly but she seems to be beautiful. She's wearing a white sleeveless dress that falls just before her knees.

They seem to be arguing. I think it's Ashley.

I freeze when she throws herself at Blue trying to kiss him. He pushes her away and while turning his head, he sees me.

"Dayna!" he calls out.

The girl looks at me, tears running down her face from his blatant rejection. She then almost runs to her red car and drives away.

I awkwardly walk to where Blue is.

He looks angry. His palms are fisted.

"Was that Ashley?" I ask him.

He looks at me surprised.

"I know," I tell him without mentioning Mary's name.

He looks away, still angry, and doesn't say anything.

I think he wants to be left alone, so I turn to walk into the building when he asks, "do you want to drink coffee?"

I'm a little taken aback. I don't think he has ever asked me for anything. Not to mention, this looks like a bad time for coffee, too.

However, I think it's best to go with the flow now. I say, "sure."

He starts walking and I follow him.

His silhouette from behind looks like of someone defeated and in deep thought.

We reach a small black coffee truck. He buys two cups and we sit at a table nearby.

The coffee smells and tastes delicious. I can feel my body relaxing under its influence. I guess this is why he wanted to drink it now.

We don't speak. He's finished with his drink and I'm almost done, too.

We start to walk back to his apartment and I can't stop myself anymore. I know this might upset him and he might never buy me a coffee again because of this but I have to say it.

"It's not fair."

"What?" he asks absentmindedly.

"It's not fair to your brother. It's selfish of you to want to be in your brother's good side even at the cost of him losing his chance to be with someone he truly deserves," I hurriedly deliver him the speech I practiced in my mind a thousand times while drinking the hot beverage he so generously bought me.

Blue stops. I stop, too.

"Don't," he says in a cold voice and continues walking.

I don't say anything else and walk beside him, relieved from having told him what was on my mind and his not so scary reaction.

A week later, Harris tells me that Blue had a talk with his brother and told him everything. His brother is angry at him, as expected. He's also heartbroken. So Blue has decided to not leave his brother alone, even if he has to listen to his brother's unjust accusations towards him.

I think they'll be fine.