Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Ella's POV:

Declan still has his arms encased around me in a tight warm hug, my head is still resting on his chest. His warm embrace was soft but strong at the same time. Right now, I don't care that he's all sweaty. Being in his arms makes everything else fall away. All that worry and stress vanished. Now, it's just us.

Until a voice calls my name.

"Ella?" I hear, knowing right away, it's Thomas. "What are you doing?" His voice is laced with confusion.

My arms slowly untangle from around Declan. It takes me a second, because he is refusing to let go, but finally gives in when I send him a pleading look. We both turn to see Thomas standing ten feet away, staring at us. Olivia is still here, a couple of feet away watching too, with an expression I can't read.

Hues of red paint my cheeks, as heat bubbles to the surface. I hate being the center of attention, and everybody's eyes are on me. Well Declan and me, but still.

It's too much.

"I-I was umm saying g-good game." I stutter, looking like a complete fool. Now I feel the need to explain myself. "I was l-looking for you to tell you 'good game', but I couldn't find you."

I see a flash of confusion, and then what I think is anger swirl through Thomas's eyes. He warned me about Declan, and now here I am, hugging him.

"It doesn't look like you were looking for me," Thomas says with clear irritation.

I could feel he wasn't mad at me though, he was mad at Declan. Since Declan got in that fight, he saw him as a threat. Now that he sees me hugging him, he's concerned for me. Either way, his irritation was making me very anxious. He knows how I get, and with him mad at me, in front of all these people, was causing my nerves to surface quite quickly.

As I stand here and think about how to defend myself, my hands begin their panicky tremble. This was not a good sign. I start to rub my hands along my clothing to hide the fidget.

"I w-was, but then I remembered you were in the l-locker room and d-de-decided to tell you later." My voice quivers like a complete idiot. This is what happens when I'm put on the spot. I can't think clearly, and my words become a jumbled mess.

The speed of my heart begins to accelerate at a fast rate. I can feel the stares cutting into me. Thomas is saying something, but I can't comprehend it, no matter how hard I try to focus on him. The thump of my heartbeat is louder than his voice. His mouth is moving, but the words are lost.

My body is here, but my conscience is falling away. The tremble in my hands turns to a convulsing in my body. The blood in my veins is the sound of a rushing waterfall. I try to stay here, but it becomes harder as my lungs begin to lose their air.

"Shh, I'm here, it's going to be alright." Comes crashing through the brick wall that's dividing us.

My vision falls darker as the seconds' race by. The control I had was ripped away. Step by step, each of my five senses began to fail.

"What's happening? Is she going to be alright?" Another crash...

"This is all my fault." The last crash before complete silence.

Touch, something is touching me. Sound, someone is talking to me.

The words they are trying to get through to me is like an impolite hum. My body is physically there, but mentally, I am not. I feel like nothing, I am nothing. The world is gone, and so am I.

Blackness I breathe, blackness I see. What is happening to me? I'm stuck in my head with nothing but me.

*