Chapter 31

MATURE CONTENT (16+)

I stood in front of my family in the living room that I grew up in. My mother, father, aunt, brother and sister were there, sitting at the dinner table that was beaten up and cracked. They were laughing at a joke that my father probably said as he passed around a bowl of garlic mashed potatoes. My aunt saw me and she smiled and motioned me to come and sit in the vacant chair across from her.

My sister was on one side of me and my brother was on the other. They both looked happy... I wondered what we were celebrating since we only got together when something major happened.

"Dad?" I called out and my voice echoed around me. His smile fell into a small smirk.

"Yes, Blair?"

"What are we doing here?" I asked confused and he threw his head back with laughter as he grabbed another bowl of food and passed it around.

"We are celebrating your birthday! Today you are 18!! My princess is now an adult!" I looked around at everyone and realized that they all had disappeared, I turned to look back at my father but he was gone as well... only the bowl of salad he held stood in his place.

I shot out of my seat causing it to fall to the ground, I looked around for them. There were bloody footsteps leading into the hallway, I cautiously walked around the table, grabbing a knife that was going to be used on the feast. I held it in a defensive matter as I crept towards the front door.

The lights suddenly started to flicker and the hardwood under my feet faded into more solid flooring. I looked down and saw concrete floors covered in dried blood, the scent of chlorine and iron wafted into my sinuses causing me to gag a bit.

My grip tightened around the handle and saw the hallway coming to an end, I turned the corner and saw an endless corridor with a singular door along with it. The silence was interrupted by a sudden banging on the door.

I jumped as I got closer to the banging, a muffled voice was screaming... I couldn't tell if it was male or female but I continued to get closer. The banging was getting louder and louder as I neared the only door on the left wall, it sounded frantic and the voice was begging to be let out.

My fingers wrapped around the strangely warm knob and twisted to let out whoever it was. The door swung open and a heap of blond hair collapsed onto the floor, I fell to my knees to evaluate the person to see what happened to them. I moved the ocean of hair away from the face and I covered my mouth to hold back a shrill. The hazel eyes gave off a deathly look and the mouth hung to the side as if it were broken.

It was me.

But I was dead.

I rolled back onto my feet and backed away from it... her.... me. I looked deeper into the room to see if anyone else was in there. I saw Adam huddling in his corner, Cooper and Carter were just staring blankly at the wall across from them.

"Hey!" I screamed but it wasn't my voice... it was rough and low. Like it was Werner's, I suddenly flung my hands up to look at them... they weren't holding the knife and they weren't mine.

I screamed but nothing came out, I started panicking and my mind was blurring.

***

My eyes flew open and my mouth opened to scream but only a choke came out. Something tightened around my neck and I started clawing at the soft flesh around my trachea. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I saw Werner straddling me.