1 - Intro.

Chaos.

I was born into darkness. Breathed into life. The first thing created. I've earned my way, earned my wings. Earned my place.

Narolin, they called me. It's just a name. I've never bothered with names. I kept my head down, did what was expected of me. I became something great, something powerful. They loved me and feared me.

Wanted to be me, yet ran in terror.

Nothing broke me. Never swayed me. No, I owned my domain. Heaven was mine, despite what others said. I ruled with an iron fist. Even the archangels bowed their heads to me. To me.

And then it changed.

Locked away. Hidden. Punished. Imprisoned. For what? Nothing but jealousy as far as I was concerned. No trial, no fairness. Simply pushed to the side. Caged. And then he found me.

His boots clicked on the floor, stirring me from my slumber. I didn't know how long I'd been there. Time didn't exist. But I was weary, tired. I ached from where they'd ripped my wings from me. I missed them. Part of me taken, part of my power.

They'd taken my grace, too. I was nothing. No longer an Angel.

I heard his small intake of breath and wondered who could possibly be there. Someone inside with me, yet I never heard the gate open. He was close, and my eyes fluttered open. I panicked, his face I knew. Why was he there? He kneeled to my level and held out a hand.

"Hello, Little Angel."

He was stunning, I had to admit. Dark brown locks. Stormy gray-blue eyes. Full lips. He was temptation, pure evil. Pure sin.

And he was here to save me, that I was sure of.

"Come with me," he smiled a wicked smile, his hand still outstretched but I was hesitant, with good reason. "It's okay, Angel," he continued, never breaking eye contact. His voice never wavering. "I'll keep you safe. Take you from this place."

"I'll heal you."

His fingers brushed over the long scars, still sore from where they were ripped so brutally from me. I cried out, trying to pull away. He hushed me with a kiss to the head and I felt a coolness as the wounds healed easily.

My eyes widened and I looked up at him, awestruck by what he'd done. "I keep to my word," he said simply, his hand grazing my chin, lifting it gently. "They've wronged you, these so-called heavenly creatures. You're the queen, beautiful. You were meant to run free."

"And they've tied you like a dog."

There was malice in his tone and it struck a chord in me. He was right, wasn't he? I didn't belong in that prison. But then again, isn't that what demons do? Lead us into temptation?

Temptation sounded good.

"You were so, so powerful, Chaos."

"Little Nerolin."

The way he spoke, it was like magic. Warmth in his tone wrapped around me, made my head dizzy. And I knew in that moment that I'd let him do anything he wanted.

"Let's go."

Damn demon.

And go I did. Running along side the King of Hell. He saved me, took me from my Heavenly prison. Brought me to Hell. Gave me power. Gave me a beautiful set of black wings. Treated me like a queen for centuries.

I did his bidding, yet I didn't feel like I worked for him. He let me have my freedom, to a degree. Made my own rules, did as I pleased. He let me run free. He kept his promises to me.

One day it changed. I realized I did feel trapped. I did feel like I had no real mind of my own. That he'd always whispered in my ear. That he controlled me. Mind, body and soul.

He kept me tied to him.

He'd let me believe I was free. That I was in charge of myself. The moment I'd defy him in anyway, he'd find a way to pull me back. Pain, pleasure. Whatever worked at the moment. He understood my mind.

His hands would roam my body. Giving me pleasure I'd never known, pleasure I was never allowed in Heaven. Pleasure I never knew existed. He'd bring me to the absolute brink, pull me back and then lead me again.

My cries of pleasure echoed off the walls of his chamber. Nails digging in, dragging down his back. He'd encourage me to do more, to leave marks while he marked me as well. He wanted the others to know I belonged to him.

To him.

I wanted to belong to no one. And that is why I ran.