003. 'PEACEFUL' MORNINGS

003. ─ 'PEACEFUL' MORNINGS.

          SILAS WAS QUICK TO LEARN THAT BEING IN BELLAMY'S INNER CENTER HAD ITS PERKS

          SILAS WAS QUICK TO LEARN THAT BEING IN BELLAMY'S INNER CENTER HAD ITS PERKS. As the prospect of sleeping arrangements was being thrown around when everyone seemed to have been ridden of all their energy, Bellamy granted Silas a tent of her own, so she wasn't forced to cram herself into the crowded dropship where many others were resorting to. It wasn't the biggest tent, especially compared to Bellamy's, but it was enough for her. Part of her was drawn to the conclusion that every little thing Bellamy did for her was in exchange for her silence when it came to the real reason he was down there, but she was fine with that, as long as he kept showering her with things.

   When she complained about needing a blanket, he got one for her. When she asked for a pillow, he got it for her. And her mouth opened to ask him for something else, which is what he assumed, she watched as the irritation spilled out over his face, before just chuckling in response and telling him she was only kidding. He didn't seem to like her jokes very much.

   Silas woke up to the sound of birds chirping and the distant sound of others conversing. In her eyes, it definitely beats waking up to the sound of grumbling machines and stiff air. Ignoring the churning of her stomach from the hunger she was feeling, she pushed herself off the ground, stretching out her limbs. For resting on the ground with rocks and twigs digging in her back all night, it was reasonably some of the best sleep she had ever had.

   Shoving the makeshift knife Murphy had gifted to her the night before into her jacket pocket, she exited her tent with a grin on her face, relishing in the fresh air and sunlight earth was providing her. She watched as a group of obnoxious boys was cheering uproariously while leaping around like children, yet halted their movements when they noticed Silas glaring at them for ruining the peaceful morning, hurrying to get out of her line of vision. Her reputation exceeds her even miles away from the Ark.

   Silas decided to take a nice stroll around the grounds to kick off her first morning of freedom. She listened as a few people were banging their hands on makeshift drums made from buckets, as others were using this time to make out with each other in the open wilderness without a care as if no one could see them. Looking over to her side she saw Wells Jaha, carrying a load of clothes in his hands and making his way to the dropship. But what really caught her attention was his wrist that no longer supported a wristband, which made Silas ponder for a moment. Wells wouldn't have taken it off by himself, meaning Bellamy and his goons must have done it while everyone was asleep ─ without even telling her.

   Her eyes began scanning over the crowds of delinquents in hopes to spot Bellamy, but her eyes only fell upon a shirtless him when he walked out of the dropship with a girl on his hip, smirking mischievously at Wells. And low and behold, the same gun he used to kill Chancellor Jaha in the waistband of his pants, out in the open for everyone to see.