Chapter One

°•°•°•°•°

"Ah, hell no!" I exclaim, coming face to face with my worst nightmare. "What is this?!"

Two faces shoot to look at me standing in the doorway, one sporting a smug look, the other filling with impending doom. His fate has been sealed.

My 'boyfriend' hurriedly climbs off the whore, aka my 'best friend', giving me a guilty look.

You think you know someone. Huh.

"B-brim, it's not what you think." He stutters, trying to pull on his pants with what's left of his dignity.

"Don't give me that crap! It's exactly what I think!" Hysterical laughter escapes my mouth without my permission.

"No, seriously. Let me explain, babe. This really isn't what it looks like." He says, panic causing his voice to rise.

"What, were you having a tea party with my best friend?" I snort sarcastically.

His eyes widen as he advances toward me slowly, holding his hands up cautiously. "Please, baby, I promise, I can explain."

"Don't call me baby! I'm not your baby anymore, and I'll never be your baby ever again!" I lash out, running blindly out of the apartment.

"Stupid ex boyfriend. Stupid ex best friend. Stupid me." I mutter, rubbing my arms as I walk down the dark streets, cursing myself for walking instead of driving. I thought I was going to spend the night at his place, then he'd drop me off at my house in the morning, which is only a couple blocks away, but seems a lot farther now that it's gotten darker and a bit more cold.

Silently thanking my uncle for training me to fight back when I was in highschool, I blow out a breath of relief, knowing if I stumble upon any threats, I can keep myself safe.

I dig my phone out of my pocket, dialing a number I know would help me.

"Hello?" A groggy voice resonates from the device.

A small smile sprouts to my face as I sniffle. "Uncle Benny?" I greet my favorite person on this Earth.

"Pumpkin? What's wrong? Why're you crying?" Comes his worried voice.

"I'm fine, just enjoying a nice walk through the neighborhood." I explain briefly, only half lying. "Just wanted to hear your voice."

I hear shuffling from his end of the phone, "You don't sound fine, Brim. Where are you?"

"I seriously am, Uncle Benny." I dismiss, but I hear the faint sound of an engine come to life through my phone. "No, don't get in your car, I'm fi-"

"Brimmy, tell me where you are." His voice gives off the 'no-nonsense' tone, causing me to immediately spill the beans to him of my current location.

Muttering a quick bye after telling me he would be here shortly, he hangs up.

I sigh, taking a seat on the curb next to me and rest my head in my hands.

Why would someone want to cheat on me? I'm freakin' awesome.

Not even five minutes later, a car comes barreling down the road and stops abruptly, right in front of me.

I notice the blue Mercedes as my Uncle Benny's and roll my eyes when he jumps out of the car, slamming the door behind him with the car still running.

"Impressive dramatic entrance, old man." I compliment.

"My intentions." He mutteres as he comes to a stop in front of me, placing a finger under my chin and lifting my head to study my face. Apparently he sees something he doesn't like as his eyes darken, "Why were you crying?"

I flinch at the coldness in his tone. Don't get me wrong, he's as soft as a teddy bear most of the time, but when he's mad, he's the most intimidating person on this earth, Uncle or not.

I end up scowling, slapping his hand away from my face, "You're senile, old man. I wasn't crying, you were."

"Brimmy." He says, his tone warning.

I took no caution, "Benny." I say, mocking his seriousness.

"Just tell me why you were crying." He snaps impatiently, causing me to sigh in defeat. Might as well tell him and get it over with.

"Derek." I duck my head in what can only be described as embarassment and shame. "And Natasha..." Trailing off, I can only hope he will get the hint of what happened.

[I've recently changed the ex best friends name from Selena to Natasha, so if you see any other parts in the book where it says Selena, just tell me and I can change it, tysm ]

He's silent for a minute, and I gather the courage to look up, only to find a look of livid anger flash across his face.

"Uncle Ben-"

I'm cut off by him shouting, "I knew that little brat would break your heart! I knew it from the minute he strode into your life like he owned you. His cocky arrogance was never a good sign. That little punk will pay!" He grits out harshly, effectively scaring me.

"Uncle Benny, let's just forget about it. He doesn't deserve our attention." I try to argue, but I can already see the plan forming in his head.

"Whatever you say, Brimmy." He nods, as if agreeing, but I know better. He is definitely not gonna let this go.

I sigh in defeat, too tired to even argue with him anymore. "Can you just take me home? I want to get at least some sleep tonight."

My Uncle studies my tired features, and after some analyzing, he nodds. "Okay."

°•°●°•°●°•°●°

After getting home, I can't find the energy to even shower or wash my face. I only manage to brush my teeth, strip into my undergarments, and face plant into the bed.

I let out a long groan as my mind wanders to the events that has taken place over the past hour or so. Now that I think back to it, I see things that I haven't been able to see back then. The longing glances they shared. The secret smiles they'd send eachother.

It was all right in front of me the whole time.

So...why did they do it behind my back? Why couldn't he just break up with me, and be with her? That would've ended better for everyone.

I sigh, feeling defeated, and roll over restlessly.

After about 10 minutes of thinking over my situation, I come to two conclusion: life absolutely sucks, and, I need to get out of here...and I know exactly where I'm going.