Malon's Malice.

Link and Zelda had arrived back at the castle past dusk only two days after they had obtained the Four Sword. They had agreed to stay a few days in the castle to rest and draw up a plan for the next trip.

Link and Zelda appreciated the time they would be able to spend together, providing the King didn't catch him and have him executed. But Zelda assured Link that she knew quite a few of the castle staff and she knew that if asked, they wouldn't tell a soul.

That night, there was supposed to be a meteor shower in the night sky. Link smuggled a bottle of wine and some cakes from the kitchens, even though the workers their were his friends and he knew they would let him take it anyways. Link packed them in a basket with a red and white checkered blanket. He snuck into Zelda's room just before sun set to put it all together while Zelda attended to her duties.

When she came back, she saw that Link had opened her window fully, letting the night breeze in and she could see out, over the countryside. Link sat upon a picnic blanket that he had layed out on her floor next to the window. He was pouring out two glasses of red wine, which he gave Zelda one.

"I thought about this and I thought... Well, if we can't be seen in public together, doesn't mean we can't do what every other couple does, but just inside" Zelda giggled as she kicked off her shoes, undid her corset and threw it to one side. She was left in her plain gown as she took off her jewelry and snuggled into Link.

She took her wine glass and held it up for Link to do the same, which he did. They drank their wine and waited for the last rays of sun to go down so they could stare up at the stars. Finally, the sun was completely gone and the sky lit up with every variety of blues, purples and greens. Zelda gasped and snuggled closer into Link to show her affection. Link just chuckled at Zelda's cute little face when it lit up with joy.

***

As the night progressed, the meteor shower passed and left their colours speed out over the already spectacular landscape.

Zelda shivered as another gust of wind came into the room. Link took this chance and pulled out another blanket from the basket and wrapped himself and Zelda inside it. She giggled and rest her head on his shoulders, placing her arms round his waist. She was no longer looking up at the sky, she started to study Link's beautiful face. From his sturdy and handsomely edged jaw to his flowing sideburns that snaked down the edges of his face, he was beautiful.

She slowly closed her eyes and pulled him into a deep kiss. Link cupped her check his right hand and put his other on the small of her back, pulling her into him.

***

Meanwhile, a farm girl was being escorted down the castle corridors by Hylian Guards. Malon had insisted that she talk with the King or at least, someone with authority. She smiled as she thought about what she was about to do. She was going to tell the King that Link had taken advantage of the Princess at her ranch. Then Link would either be locked up, executed or exiled. She wanted the latter, she wanted Link all to herself!

"Stop! Who is this child?" Impa came around the corner and raised her hands which made the guards halt.

"This girl had been at the gates all evening, demanding to either see the King or to see someone with authority." One of the guards saluted as he relayed the information to his superior.

"Come with me." She gestured for the guards to leave and for Malon to follow her.

Finally, someone with superiority, Malon thought. Impa led Malon to the courtyard so that they could talk privately and not wake any of the sleeping staff.

When they stopped walking, Impa turned sharply on Malon and glared at her.

"Speak!" She snapped without raising her voice.

Malon retold her exaggerated tale and Impa tried her best not to give away the fact she knew about the Princess and Link. When Malon was finished, Impa did all she could to seem shocked.

"Oh my Goddesses!" She exclaimed, "Thank you for coming all the way to the castle to tell us this" Impa said, trying to add to Malon's obvious ego, "you must be very brave... I must see to this! You must leave now before you wake anyone up."

With that, Impa lead a smiling Malon back to the castle gate. Once she was out of earshot, she sighed heavily and felt relief serge through her. After all, Impa was a friend of Zelda and she knew that Zelda and Link had something going for them. She knew that she was supposed to tell the King but she reckoned that friends should come first...

***

Link closed the window and joined Zelda back on the bed. She kissed him deeply before snuggling into him and resting her head on his shoulder before she fell asleep. Link smiled to himself before he too, fell asleep to the comfort of Zelda's breath tickling his neck.