Chapter 12

Liana

I couldn't tell him the truth yesterday. I just couldn't. I was afraid for a reaction and right now I think we have had enough dramas. I met Caitlin at the Cafe, we originally decided and she is beautiful. Her shoulder length black hair was curled lightly, her gray eyes hiding behind the round glasses as she sat awkwardly in front of me.

"Hi, nice to finally meet you." I tell her. I am not the most social person, but if I don't break the ice, I think both of us will be sitting here and just wait.

"Hello, nice to meet you too." She said nervously. I noticed she is prepare, with folders laid out on the table.

"I want to thank you for doing it." I tell her once we finished placing orders.

"That's fine." She said as she slightly pushed her glasses up. "I consider it as a learning experience."

I smiled. "So far so good?"

"Yes, you wrote a detail articles about yourself and I think I am fine when I meet them- I am still trying to finish your comic you posted online, it is addicting. You can say I am a fan now." She give me a small smile and I laughed.

"I was not expecting that." I said to her.

"Your work is so beautiful and I want to thank you for giving me this opportunity."

"I should be thanking you instead." I tell her honestly.

"What is your reason for not wanting to meet them in person, is that too personal? I don't want to be nosy." She apologized.

I looked out at the window, "It is just not the right time for me to show who I am." I felt like I was reasoning with myself.

She didn't question about that anymore and asked Me about who she is meeting, what she is going to say.

"Oliver Lee, he is joining?" Her mouth dropped opened.

"Yea." I nodded my head. "That's what he said in the mail."

She nodded her head, but still can't get over the fact she is meeting Oliver. I can't blame her, Oliver is basically a celebrity now. With his looks that the whole world saw few months back and with his position. He is an influencer now.

"He was my boyfriend?" I tell her, not sure of our relationship status at the moment and her mouth dropped open.

"Was?"

"I am still not sure about our relationship status, I was with him yesterday."

"He is here?" She asked.

"He moved here." I said pursing my lip to think.

"Wow? Why?"

"His own reasons."I tell her dismissing the topic, "I want to tell him, but I don't know if I should."

"If you are trying to make your relationship work, this is the perfect time to communicate." She said. "We don't want regrets later, do we?"

"I agree with you, but I am scared."

"We all are afraid of telling the truth, truth is always bitter, but what is more bitter is regrets."

This silent me for a moment.

"I think I will tell him." I said standing up.

"You should because if he find out from someone else, he will think you didn't trust him enough to tell him, yourself."

"Thanks, Caitlin! You are the best." I said as I quickly paid for our food and drinks and called Oliver. I told Caitlin I will get back with her after I speak to Oliver.

"Is everything okay, baby? Your meet up with your friend was good?" He asked in a concerning tone.

"I want to talk to you about something." I tell him.

I heard a female voice calling for Oliver and I asked,

"Are you with someone else?"

"Just Megan." He said and I was not sure how to react. "I am coming over."

"Forget it." I tell him. "It's nothing." I said my mood taking a turn. He does not get that Megan likes him more than a friend way. I have seen the way she wants to claim him, he thinks I do not know that whenever his phone vibrates, it is her calling him and texting him.

"But-"

"It's nothing." I said again. "Have a good one." I said and ended the call on him.

I stood outside the Cafe, disappointed at myself. I was almost going to tell him the truth, but what stopped me?

"Want to go for a drink?" Caitlin asked suddenly standing beside me.

I give her a grateful look and that's how we ended up in a restaurant getting drunk.

I giggled at Caitlin who was talking about something that made no sense or maybe I was just too wasted to understand what she is saying. She is also getting wasted to run from her problems just like me.

Oliver's name came on my phone screen and I ignored him as I listen to Caitlin's drunk speech.

When my phone kept buzzing, Caitlin picked up the phone and said,

"You prick, why are you interrupting our moment." She scolded the poor person on the other side.

"This is Caitlin, not Liana." She said. "Liana don't want to talk to you."

I giggled not sure why. My head spinning and I felt hot due to the intoxication.

"I think I am going to pass out." I tell Caitlin and she giggled and said, "Liana, don't pass out on me, we have to go to the club after this."

I tried to keep my eyes wide open. "Let's go, they are not serving us any alcohol anyway." I tell her as we paid for our food and left the place.

I may have acted in a childish way, but Oliver have to understand that his so-called friend is not asking for friendship, but much more than that. I wonder if Oliver knows how she feels about him too. Shaking my thoughts, I pulled Caitlin with me to the cab, to our next destination. The Club

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter  a vote and a share if you enjoyed reading this book. We are still trying to update everyday, for the two books and coming to a decision about the updates for both the books, (Seasons of the Year and this book) we will let you know about any changes in the update soon. For now, Happy readings!