Chapter Twenty-Seven

Flipping to the next page in the project proposal, I groan at the outrageous numbers they have and how inaccurate they are. Where are these people pulling these from? Flipping to the back to reference some things, I question where these people got their degree's from.

"Another bunk proposal?" Lena asks me from her desk.

"Why do people always use the wrong equations?" I ask flabbergasted.

"Not everyone is a genius Avi," Lena muses.

"Oh, you are one to talk," I say with a short laugh.

"Here is the tablet, mark your feedback on it and send it back to the team so they can fix it. Now I understand why Alexander is always trashing these proposals," Lena mumbles. Both of our hearts pang at the thought of our missing friend.

"I mean the ideas are good and I appreciate the tenacity, just do your research better!" I groan as I start marking up the document.

My foot starts to bounce, and I feel the energy buzzing through me. I have barely left this office today due to the ever amounting of work that Alexander is supposed to be going through. As time ticks by slowly I become more restless and have the urge to pace the room. Lena's gaze turns to me and I can feel her starting to analyze me.

"Avi? What's wrong?" She asks.

"I'm just feeling restless," I say still working.

There is a moment of silence and I look up at her. Her beautiful eyes are clouded over, and I can tell she is thinking. There is a sparkle of hope in her face but the way she is biting on her lip tells me that she's nervous to say anything.

"What?" I ask confused.

"It's nothing," she says trying to go back to her work.

"Lena," I say firmly, and she sighs.

"You've just been so lethargic recently. I'm used to my live wire Aviva and obviously the emotional toll of everything across the few weeks has gotten to you. It's just nice to see you a little antsy again, it gives me a little hope that maybe you are starting to feel better," Lena says honestly.

"Oh," I say surprised.

"What?"

"I always thought my restlessness bothered those around me," I admit.

"Aviva, I love you, every part of you. I appreciate your high energy and the fact that you can keep up with our lifestyle," Lena says seriously.

"I think I want to go work out tonight," I say, the words feel foreign, yet familiar. It has been over a month since I worked out.

"Okay," Lena says with a small smile.

"I won't stay for too long," I muse but my smile quickly falls.

"Do you want company?" She asks me with a softer look in her eyes.

"Your busy enough," I say biting my lip.

"I can always make time for you," Lena says smiling at me.

"Are you sure?" I ask worried.

"If I am being honest, I really want to learn how to do a cartwheel," she says with a childish grin.